Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naderyakoub

Scotland Re-Offers 14th June

14 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone

I thought you may want to know the following info. I was contacted from NHS Education for Scotland today around 1:20 PM Re-offering me an ST3 post in East of Scotland. I have already accepted an Offer in the west sector on the 2nd of June!! Apparantly East was my first choice and I do not know why!!! I think I filled the preferences in a rush as they requested completion in a short notice.

Now I prefer West to East; I have not recieved the E mail yet but it will come today as far as I have been told. Do you know if I can still stick to the initial offer???

Anyone wants to swap any of the two offers with South East??

Good Luck All

NY

Yes you can stick, just tell them that you want to keep your original post. Just don't hold on for too long as you will effectively be holding two posts, one of which could be recycled.

It might be reasonable to contact them directly and ask for south east and explain your haste when filling in preferences.It seems they really are pretty reasonable.

good luck

Today I had been offered an FTSTA in North..(I did not have a good rank)

How bad would north be?

And should I try for Staff Grade posts or join as an FTSTA. I have to appear for the next part II exam.

Any advise is highly appreciated.

thanks

..(I did not have a good rank)

Can't have been that bad if you got an offer. What was it?

As to advice if you don't have anything else at the moment I would take the job on the table. You can always apply for a staff grade from FTSTA.

Well if you've worked in the north i guess its worthwhile taking the ftsta as hopefully they'll know you and if you are good , the chances of a further ST maybe higher in the next level.

however, with a ftsta the great chances at the moment are that even if you attain competencies if there are limited St posts , the ftsta will not be considered and once again there will be a big struggle. After a year there will be so many unemployed drs floating around that i think getting a staff grade job as well would be very difficult. best is to try and look for a staff grade job, which is approved for taking the mrcpsych. thats what i have been advised.there are quite a few and if they are'nt of your choice often speaking to the consultant helps, as they can ask for approval for training.

any one know the latest for ST3 in scotland?Any more re offers?

I got St3 offer yesterday which I have accepted.Still cant believe my luck.

Good luck to anyone who is waiting.

Yep well done perfection, told you not to worry!!!  ;)

HI PERFECTION

i am in the same boat as you. got st3 west of scotland yday. just wondering what happens if i dont pass thr exams necessary to make it to st4 as to be honest i am struggling to pass part 2,does it mean that i will be chucked out after 1 year in st3 to come back to staff grade which i am already doing.any suggestions welcome.

First of all congrats Ramas in securing st post.

As far I know Royal College has not decided reg the need to pass part2 before starting st4 next year. Should this be the case there will be many who would not be able to pass and continue st training.

One school of thought is that royal college would give certain time to pass part 2 and at same time continue training. Personally I do know few Staff Grade giving st3 job precedence over Staff Grade post.