Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
corpuscallosum

24/48 months rule does not apply?

9 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to know if one is eligible to be appointed to ST3 run-through if one have more than 48 months of Psy training. Do you know of anyone more than 48 months of training appointed to ST3? or more than 24 months appointed to ST2?

Thanks

i know of someone offered ST3 in WM with nearly 5 experience.

dont ask for more info. :'(

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to know if one is eligible to be appointed to ST3 run-through if one have more than 48 months of Psy training. Do you know of anyone more than 48 months of training appointed to ST3? or more than 24 months appointed to ST2?

Thanks

definitely know the st2...

Yes I know 2- one with 42 months experience and part 1- who got in to ST2, and the other who had 42 mnths with no part 1- who also got in to ST2. Haven't heard about ST3 though. Well I think they deserve to get in there- they must have done the interview well- I feel person specifications were crap- and nobody should have been ruled out from applying just because of more years of experience etc. But what irritates me is that if the Royal College were not generous enough to pass me, and give me my membership- I probably would have applied for ST2, as I had only 36 months at training SHO level!

if the Royal College were not generous enough to pass me, and give me my membership- I probably would have applied for ST2, as I had only 36 months at training SHO level! [highlight][/highlight]

boast!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:;)

if the Royal College were not generous enough to pass me, and give me my membership- I probably would have applied for ST2, as I had only 36 months at training SHO level! [highlight][/highlight]

boast!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:;)

SP, did that sound like a boast? I didn't mean it to be that way- I aplogise if it did

I have 24 months experience, went for ST3 and got nothing. If i had not passed my part 1 I would have gone for ST2.

A friend if mine, though, went still for ST2 (even with his part 1) and got it.

I wish I had done the same.

schizoaffective,

i was pulling your leg.

anyways, i am envious ( in a positive sense)of your achievement and i am sure you have the substance.

good luck.

SP