Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drpsyche

CAN THERE BE A REOFFER ?

7 posts in this topic

Hi all

At this stage, can one deanery send a reoffer for a run through programme in one specialty to a candidate who has already accepted a runthrough in another specialty and another deanery before 10th June 2007 ?

Isn't the name already taken out of the allocations system as although MTAS is off but still restrictedly available to PG Deans ?

Can the deanery who sent the re offer now still accept the candidate's acceptance ?

Declaration of interest : that acceptance affects my chance of an offer, being the candidate next in line.

Any views most welcome.

Thanks

I know a similar case.

My friend accepted ST1 in London. Again few days ago(after June 10) she was offered another ST1 from Wales!

So similar scenario can be possible!

That makes me think what was the rationale of 10th June as the cutoff date? If reoffers continue to be made to the same candidates then it would spoil 48hr deadlines and hence would be a waste of time and also making people in the waiting list wait longer for any offers.

That re offer was made last week and she was also telling me the same thing. This mistake is really affecting the future of many others!

I wish you to receive an offer at the earliest!

Keep fingers crossed!

Best of luck!

Thanks. I have sent emails to the deanery as well specific MMC person mentioned on the their website asking them to clarify the situation. I dont expect much but still no harm in expressing my concerns.

I think this happens only in England, not Scotland or NI !! Expect anything from England specially London; very messy process