Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sanj25828

URGENT !!

4 posts in this topic

Hi All

Thank you in advance for any advice given on the following issue..... (If this topic has been discussed before.... bear with me guys.... I can't seem to find it)

A friend of mine who is not a member of this site has been offered a ST4 in Old age Psychiatry, which he accepted.

He was then offered a post in Learning disabilty from another deanery. He is interested in pursuing his career in LD.

Can he turn down his first offer and accept the post in LD or does he have to stick with his first post that he accepted???

Cheers

As far as I know, the other deanery was in error by offering him a post when he has already accepted one. The deaneries are still very much connected through MTAS and multiple offers are being avoided. But as the entropy levels are sky high with MTAS, some people are getting multiple offers. A few candidates did consult the relevant deaneries for similiar issues. One deanery said that they have made a mistake by offering a job when the candidate has accepted a post elsewhere. Some deaneries have been rigid in letting candidates reject an accepted post but some haven't been. I guess your friend will have to talk to the relevant deaneries to see if they would let him off the hook.

hi mickey, check this link which i have submitted: http://www.psychclub.com/YaBB.pl?num=1182169441

As per my situation, it is pathetic.  My problem is i am stuck in the same deanery and probably the most inflexible and rigid of all deaneries in UK.  

However, my advise would be that accept the second job, once the confirmation of the second job is received, quietly decline the first job stating that they have sufficient time to allocate the post to someone else.  Also do not clarify why you are declining the job.  This is the sneaky way.  The other less risky way is to get in touch with the second deanery and clarify the situation.  Hopefully, if it is not mersey deanery, then things would be fine. I have a few friednds who have done this and have been successful.  It is a difficult decision and best be honest.  But unfortunately i was honest and now i am jobless for August.  the other good side is atleast it is a psychiatry job  ;)

Thank you so much for this.

My friend has indeed accepted the post of LD (his preferred choice) and has informed the other deanery that he will not be taking the job which he initially accepted. They are fine with it.

Lets hope he gets written confirmation for the LD post soon otherwise he would be totally and utterly ******.

Also.... Maximaa, I am so sorry to read your original post about this matter. I am not sure what to say, I know.... words like 'Sympathy & Empathy' can never really describe what one is going through as it's the person who experiences pain knows best what pain is......

Good luck is all i can say. If you require any kind of support that i may be able to help u on.... do write to me or PM me.