Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mumbhai73

staff grade > 13 months service

7 posts in this topic

I am interested in how many staff grades with > 13 service have got st posts. Apparently this is the cut off beyond which you get pay protection I am told.Pl could you let me know

please add another category of 'not applicable'..

A not applicable category will enable others to have a glimpse as well.

Thanks for that!

Where did you get this information-pay protection only more than 13 months!!!!!!!! I was told few months would suffice and to be sure-6 months.

132. Where a practitioner in a career grade takes an appointment in a training grade which is recognised by the appropriate authority as being for the purpose of obtaining approved training (which may include training to enable the practitioner to follow a career in another specialty) and the practitioner has given continuous service in a career grade post or posts for at least 13 months immediately prior to re-entering training, the practitioner shall, while in the training grade, continue to receive a salary protected on the incremental point or threshold the practitioner had reached in his or her previous career grade appointment. Such a practitioner shall receive the benefit of any general pay awards. On reappointment to a career grade post, the practitioner’s starting salary should be assessed as if the period spent in the approved training post had been continuing service in the previous career grade. Where a practitioner re-entering training from a career grade has held a recognised training post (or equivalent service overseas) in the 13 months of contracted employment prior to re-entering training, the intervening period spent in the career grade shall be taken as continuing service in the training grade, and the practitioner will be re-appointed on the appropriate incremental point of the training grade scale. Where pay in the earlier training post was already protected under these provisions, such protection shall continue. Practitioners whose previous appointment was in the Northern Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands hospital service are eligible for protection of salary under the terms of this paragraph.