Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daisee

Re: Any such experiences ?

19 posts in this topic

this doesnt sound right--- more draculan. they cant do that!!!!!!check mmc guidelines again and then start emailing.... dont keep quiet

i can understand what u r going thru

Bening nice is not nice is it.....I've negotiated all the way....and I've got what I've wanted.....You made the right decision at the time....in these extenuating circumstances it's hard find someone so inflexible (and, I've come across my fair share)...I would call a lawyer....and lodge a grieviance with the Deanery as you've done everything right.....

MTAS was/is dead and people have multiple offers now so....some people cannot have different rules applied....at different times

if you're a member of the BMA, call them and ask for the employment advisor urgently to contact the deanery on your behalf as they can push more than you and they can start legal challange quickly if needed.

I think the best chance for you would be the GP post on the basis that you DID accept it, isn't it? if you have any evidence to show that is the case so no way you lose, however, if you start arguing that you were implusive and you changed and then you wanted your secnd choice, I believe you might end up without any of them, that what I think any way.

all the good of luck, I hope things get sorted with you soon

It very sad indeed. But persevere with your efforts. What has been BMA's stand. If dean just shafted you for asking question, then I am sure you can shaft him back. Best of luck.

New development after my post of any such experiences:  Mersey deanery agreed to give me psych on 20th june, only to withdraw it on the 21st june again...saying the same old thing.  said this was a mistake.  ha ha ha !

I have asked BMA toapproach the JDC and also seek legal advice around this issue.

Keep in there and dont give up to this people!!!!!

also told by dean that i will not be eligible to apply for round 2. but I stll am as I have not declined any post and all my posts offerred have been withdrawn.

also told by dean that i will not be eligible to apply for round 2. but I stll am as I have not declined any post and all my posts offerred have been withdrawn.

Eh? How come you are not eligible NOW when you could apply earlier?

oh yeah thats quite funny actually. they say that because I accepted a post....they will not mention on their MTAS part that they have actually withdrawn my post. as there is no such system in MTAS (the deanery part is still acessible for them)

sorry, I deletd myprevious entry. ST 3post offered to me has now been offered to W/L candidate and was accepted. SO nothing available in the region now.

Sue them for this unmeasurable torture >:( >:(:o :o

yeah...that seems to be the right option at the moment.  But i am also looking into other alternatives.  BMA advice is that any action can be taken only after the end of second round.  as withdrawal of an offer is actionable after end of all opporutnities for current recruitment.  Have also had thoughts of quitting medicine altogether...but thats very difficult.....just frust ration perhaps  :-/

Don't let this doubt your self so much. If you like medicine then there will always be options, other systems to work in. At the moment prioritise your needs and try to chalk a plan t fulfiil each acc to it's level. Litigation might not be on top of that list.

where is the original post??

Sounds like they are being plain incompetent...for now.......

Just some thoughts, but I am sure you must be thinking much harder than me. Have you written to your MP? Send him/her a copy of all the emails you have recieved from involved deaneries. Take an appointement with the MP. sullen faces have more profound impact than ink and paper. And have you thought about media? Have you lodged a formal complaint with the MMC team? What about the deanery's complaint procedure?

Hold on, dont even start thinking of quitting medicine. I am sure by the end of year, you would have gobbled up that stupid dean's job, taken an enormous compensation for the agony caused, would be in your first choice UoA and would live happily thereafter..

thanks . yes, I have approached the local MP in person. She contacted the deanery three weeks ago. at the time, the deanery said they could not consider my circumstacnes as they were not exceptional and they would go ahead with their decision. Since then I have been in touch with the MP. Also forwarded a complaint to MMC ...they forwarded my complaint to GP recruitment . I am not quitting medicine. Was upset with all this stuff. I am going to puruse this mater till it is resolved. Thanks again for all the encouraging comments by every one

Thats the spirit!!