Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abcde

ST posts are going to be for 1 years long

16 posts in this topic

I was told that the ST posts are going to be 1 year as compared to 6 months now. I dont know how they will we meet the training needs if someone in ST1 has 3 posts.

Anybody has received similar info?

can u clarify what u mean st posts for 1 year???

i thought they wud be 4 months post i.e 3 in a year........ :) :)

that is what i believed earlier, but was told yesterday that the post are going to be for 1 year instead.

well this means less experience in some specialities and more in others

I was told that the ST posts are going to be 1 year as compared to 6 months now. I dont know how they will we meet the training needs if someone in ST1 has 3 posts.

Is ur source quatable and does this apply to all deaneries? I guess not!!!!!

I have just spoken to our college tutor who informed me that the ST3 posts will be 6 months long.

could you tell me which deaneary it is please?

I spoke to london deaneary, and was told it is 1 year and that they will start informing us about allocation to deaneary from today continuing till next week.

The form has come out today for SYSH and for ST3 the posts are all 2 paired 6 month jobs, eg 6 months forensic + 6 months CAHT, or subs misuse + forensic etc

Bizarrely, they have paired psychotherapy with rehab, which strike me as pretty near mutually exclusive!

I have checked with one of the northern deanery organizer and she said ST3 post would be 6-month rather than a year

London deanery offered a friend FTSTA 3 - includes two six month placements.

this is down to the rotations to decide. i think most are sticking with 6 months and some are changing to 4 months for core training. for advanced training most will stick with 12 months, but i think nottingham have deicded to go with 8 months.

NB i have no firm evidence to back up the statement above.

Hi,

Trent have moved to 4 month posts in basic training. I beleive ST4 onwards is still 12 months at least in C&A and I have not heard anything different for Adult.