Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tilia

maudsley people, where are you?

12 posts in this topic

I asked to continue my idyllic lifestyle in the southeastern countryside but got south london & maudsley NHS foundation trust ST4 GAP

not complaining at all, a bit of a big woow

so, anyone here who can give some further info on jobs etc, I also heard SpRs don't do on calls, hence no banding?????

London cost of living with no banding... aye aye aye!

there are indeed many spr s at the Maudsley rotation, so I think they got without banding for the first few months...maybe year...?

best to get hold of medical staffing for official information and then if confirmed, start looking for additional income...!

not too bothered about the money really, just want good training

it's more my curiosity for all that's new

and still don't get it as SLAM NHS trust comes under Maudsley and Guy's

so where they are sending me is still a mystery

It seems the Slam people are not that hot on superegocafe. Guys, girls?

How would you expect SLAM people to be active i this forum when 90% of us are left jobless after the first round??

I don't think the trainees were that bad!!! Anyways congratulations on securing a job here. You have come to the best place to do psychiatry.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Consultants are very friendly and training is superb. SPR's do on-calls and they tend to be very busy.

Congratulations once again

I'm very sorry to hear that psychodrama. Was told the opposite before the results came out ('be aware you'll always end up behind the maudsley people for the london jobs because they have more publications', by someone who was on the interview panel !!!). My apologies if you felt my posts were insensitive but just wanted some info as the deanery people do not seem to answer any phonecalls or emails...

I was wondering if you'd be able to answer the following as no-one else does at the moment. A friend got ST3 stating it'll be SLAM (Oxleas), which seems pretty clear to me. However my email only states SLAM NHS Foundation Trust. Does that mean this is Maudsley itself rather than SLAM as part of GKT? Because if so I better find myself another place to live in the next 2 weeks (before I disappear for some time out of this circus, onto the West Highland Way).

I really hope all ends well for you. I never wanted to 'push anyone out of London'. I begged on my knees to keep me in Kent. And I thought that was kind of sorted. But hey, professionally I have to admit this is probably the right move. I never took the chance in the past (because of personal reasons), despite being a GKT trainee. Well, it seems that chance is now no longer a choice...

Thanks and good luck

Agree completely psychodrama

clear that hardly any on GKT got ST london.

strange that, as we were good enough to work in some of the shitest places in london..

Pity anyone working in oxleas- very busy in greenwich.

But,take nothing away from you, congrats and well done to you pj- good luck.

hi drych I think we've met before

remember oxford with firefly

the nice restaurant ;)

all the best

yes, i remember pj

very nice day out, i remember you told me a very interesting tale about someone we have both worked with...

that tale has now become legend. i can say no more except that it still causes great hilarity...on a globall scale. ;)

firefly tried to keep it quiet but i was drunk one evening and let the cat out of the bag... the bag is now half-full.

Congrats on getting ST4 london- am really happy 4 u.

be good, maybe we can all meet again one day.

yes, i remember pj

very nice day out, i remember you told me a very interesting tale about someone we have both worked with...

that tale has now become legend. i can say no more except that it still causes great hilarity...on a globall scale. ;)

firefly tried to keep it quiet but i was drunk one evening and let the cat out of the bag... the bag is now half-full.

Congrats on getting ST4 london- am really happy 4 u.

be good, maybe we can all meet again one day.

there goes my reputation once again ;)