Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
King_of_Scotland

FTSTA contracts for two years

4 posts in this topic

Yesterday one of my friends told that FTSTA contracts will be given for two years. I was under the impression that it will be for one year and then people have to apply again next year in open competition. The evidence she had was that she knew a person in West-Midlands getting FTSTA contract for two years in Surgery. What people know about it?

Yesterday one of my friends told that FTSTA contracts will be given for two years. I was under the impression that it will be for one year and then people have to apply again next year in open competition. The evidence she had was that she knew a person in West-Midlands getting FTSTA contract for [highlight]two years in Surgery[/highlight]. What people know about it?

I wont be surprised... FTSTA means fixed-term so the term to be fixed is dependent on who is offering employment. as surgeons have shown that they have a mind of their own-- they may probably be giving 2- or even 3- year fixed term employment.....

i had an offer from wessex,but the contract letter says 1 year only.

FTSTA is clearly for 1yr...and renewable.

Two yrs in surgery......take it as hearsay until you see the actual contracts. I'm amazed at the story people bring up.