Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
psychdoctor

News-West Scotland ST postings.

9 posts in this topic

Hi Friends,

I just spoke to the west of scotland and they said in next 2-3 hours all lists as to who is going where would be ready and latest by monday all of us knows which hospital we would be posted to.

so fingers cross and good luck to all.

regards.

psychdoctor. :)

This is not the case for South East Sector. I was told that the pre-employment pack will be sent next week. It may or may not include details of where we are going to !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

They are not even sure whether we are starting in August or not !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My tutor knows who he is to get for run through training so the allocations have been made. If you have not heard then you will hear very soon.

For me its Argyll and bute hospital, Lochgilphead? what is it? I cant find any more information on internet. Any help?

Humma, you'll need to get your hiking boots on! There's info on the NHS Highland webpages, although the link to the actual hospital doesn't seem to work...

There's a useful document here though:Argyll and Clyde Profile. It has maps of the area and everything. The west coast is a lovely place, very scenic, but very remote. There's also nice whisky from the nearby islands of Jura and Islay.

Multimap says its 82 miles from Glasgow city centre, taking 2 hours 11 mins to drive.

Can't tell you much more than that I'm afraid.

Thanks Chris. From central london to Lochghilphead.....London to Lochghilphead-Memoirs of a Lost doctor.

Its my dream come true. From the day, I landed in UK all that I wanted was to work in the sceninc beauty of Lochghilphead. Where else can you find practising psychiatry while filling up your time with stroll along the beautiful coastline with an umbrella always at hand. Enjoy the aroma of freshly brewed cofeee.....Hic...forget it. I have had too much tonight to drown my sorrows. time for bed.