Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajdoc

ALL JOBS IN ENGLAND TO START IN NOVEMBER 2007

73 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

first of all let me apologize for my ignorance. got this news from a friend -cannot guarantee the authenticity this news- that ALL the ST training jobs will START ONLY by the 1ST OF NOVEMBER in ENGLAND ( only applies to deaneries in ENGLAND).

does that mean that everyone in SHO post will have to continue until the 31st of October before they can start the new job in ENGLAND deaneries?

once again sorry for being ignorant. but would like to hear any views/comments if anyone else have anything like this from any reliable sources ??

please be gentle on me if this is a complete stupid question - thanks in advance

hi dr leon

i didn't really understand what those expressions meant, but as i had mentioned earlier in the post that it does sound stupid and i was just trying to get views about it anyone else have heard something like this. correct me if i'm wrong - that the 2nd round- if any- can last upto 31st of October- so does that make any sense at all ?

Dear RajDoc,

My guess is that Dr Leon was expressing graphicly what his emotional response to yet another change in the rules by MTAS had been.

My facial expression for example, went from :o through >:( and :-/ all the way down to :lol::D:lol:

Does it make sense now?

:-*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have no idea what you're all laughing at but I'll join in anyway.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: :D :D :lol:

me too

anyways

its the jobs that are given in round that will start late

in fact i was told the jobs in round 2 might be LATs at st4 level

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: :D :D :lol:

I think this is the best one. :lol::o :-/ ::) :'(

Regarding your question, i dont think this should be the case. I think poeple who got jobs in round 1 will start from 1st August and those getting jobs in round 2 from November the 1st. Does you friend have any reason to believe what he has said. ::)

I guess the point would be that if jobs strat at different dates than how do you rotate people in future jobs? somewhere there will have to become concordant

most of the new jobs (ST1 to 4) in psychiatry are supposed to start on 1 aug.. at least in london, as stated by our medical staffing and college tutors.. they have already started to prepare for induction programme..

:o

Hi guys,

I dont know about psychiatry but in the RCOG website I am sure it is written that the jobs offered in round 2 will begin from February 2008 and that the unfilled posts between Aug 07 and February 2008 will be filled by LAT posts. My wife had applied for ST1 in obs and gyn and remains without a single offer after attending four interviews. I had done a bit of looking around and found this information (if I have understood it righ). I just thought I will highlight this scenario is very much a reality.

Even God will not know when this bunch of clueless government's puppets, recruiting us, are going to announce that all offers made so far was just a mock excercise and then announce the new real offers for round 1. 'Worst-case scenario' is term that has lost all meaning to me and so has the boundary between possibility and probability.

hmmmm!!

it seems that those appointed in round 1 will start in August and those in round 2 in November/February 08; the government wishes that any transition jobs between August until when round 2 people strat working to count for training...I assume it will be ok for people staying in the same specialties

:-? :-? :-? ::) ::) ::)

I gather that everyone here has got ST and are happy to have that much extra time to sort themselves out? Carlo, that kiss at the end, is beautiful!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dr Leon is that a picture of your partner?   :lol:

Poor girl, you really should give her more money for clothing