Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RosyWood

Calling all flexi trainees...

12 posts in this topic

I started ST3 at 60% in August (thanks, MMC!). I sent in the form to the deanery, and the usual form in to the College to get my post approved and received a letter back from the college saying 'this is not under our jurisdiction anymore and we suggest you contact PMETB' or words to that effect....has anyone else had this? Who do you contact at PMETB? How?

The last thing I need is not to be allowed to retake Part 2 in spring because I haven't got the appropriate approvals...

I am not sure that this will actually comfort you, but there will not be any part II anymore in Spring....!

OK Godzilla- I knew that!!! Just didn't want to over-complicate things...

Not sure how many times you've taken Part II but check the criteria - if memory serves me then you don't need to be in a training post for the second attempt. You do need to be in training for third and subsequent attempts though.

and the usual form in to the College to get my post approved  and received a letter back from the college saying 'this is not under our jurisdiction anymore and we suggest you contact PMETB' or words to that effect....

why do they conduct the exams then? just for the money? surely if they take £600 for the exam, they should be able to answer that simple query?

Flexible trainees used to have to get Royal College approval for every new job they did, as they were separate from the usual scheme jobs. Obviously, all the full time jobs on a training scheme are approved by the College regardless of who is doing them- it is not something you guys have to worry about. There is a great long form where you have to fill in stuff like what your duties will be, what facilities there are on site, how many inpatient beds, what population you serve..stuff like that, and well as all the jobs you have done to date. It's a right palaver, and they used to be very fussy about it. They also used to lose the forms regularly, but that's another story....I need to get this job credited, as I'm taking the exam for the first time.

OK Godzilla- I knew that!!! Just didn't want to over-complicate things...

I was just pulling your leg...!

:o;):lol:

You will pass, so you will not need to know this...!

ros,

i think that the answer is that now the approval process is that pmetb approves the rotation. it gets it's info from the deanery who agree that all posts are approved and sends the info to pmetb. the deanery gets it's info from the rotation. afaik all posts have been already been approved as posts whether they are filled by whole time trainees or flexis.

speak to sue, paul ra or paul ro to find out for sure. but not paul g cos he may not know cos he's not now so involved as he used to be.

Thanks J. I did get the deanery form filled out (prospectively as well!...just about...) so perhaps that will be sufficient. Last time I spoke to Sue, she didn't know. I'll check with the various Pauls. :D

Is the name 'Paul', an essential criteria for males to work in HR dept in SYSH deanery? :o

No, but it is to be a Revered Consultant and College Tutor of some description! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll tell them you said that, Sands ;)

Tell them that- and also tell the consultants who interviewed for ST4, as to how useless they r, in my opinion >:(