Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ashy

INTERVIEW TRAVEL EXPENSES - ADVICE PLEASE

6 posts in this topic

With this whole MTAS debacle - i travelled to Bolton for my North Western Deanery ST3 interview and to Cambridge for my Eastern Deanery interview. I dutifully completed and sent off my interview claim forms together with appropriate receipts/tickets etc within the time limit they set (by recorded delivery).

Now both deaneries have turned around and said that as i turned down there offers of ST3 run-through posts they are not obliged to pay my interview expenses. (I accepted ST3 run through in London)

What do you advise i do next???

Please HELP!

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do as the Deaneries are completely within their rights to say that.

If you refuse a job offer they won't pay interview expenses. This is not related to MMC or MTAS, it has always been like that.

Thanks for replying - at least i know not to bother wasting time to chase this up!

>:(

I suppose you can argue that at the time you went for the interviews you couldn't anticipate which offer you were going to get and hence it would be unfair not to reimburse you for attending as unavoidably this means you can only be reimbursed for one interview as you can only accept one offer. If they had rejected you they would have paid your expenses.

I attended interviews at northern and eastern.Offered job at eastern and accepted.Northern didnot offer job to me. I am still waiting for both deaneries to reimburse!!!!!!!!!

You are so lucky, why do you worry about interview expenses?

rather start preparing for part 2 and do one extra on-call to keep up your with your non-reimbursement of your interview expenses for those jobs which you declined.

Unlucky deaneries--- where you declined the :-?job.