Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
apaspali

Correct banding?

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I wonder what people think

I am doing 1 in 5 32- hour and 65-hour non-resident on- calls in my new placement and the banding is 2B.

Is that fair?

Hmm. It depends on the intensity of the work, as well as the frequency and timing, and how anti-social the time is. You can check the last monitoring for that rota, or if there isn't one request that you are monitored as soon as possible, and then receive back pay.

Agree completely wanderlust...

we are doing 1 in 7, 2b 50% as well.

this whole thing is a big money saving thing- bastards.

also, check your payscales....

they are stinging us on that too.

so, not content with throwing loads of our colleagues out of training, they sting those that remain.

and we have to lie down and take it.

they are complete and utter

so, not content with throwing loads of our colleagues out of training, they sting those that remain.

I AGREE MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL

BUT HEY WHAT CAN WE DO

JUST GRIN AND BEAR IT

50% for 1 in 7 sounds OK to me.

Is it busy?

How busy?

I AGREE MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL

BUT HEY WHAT CAN WE DO

JUST GRIN AND BEAR IT

Dont bloody well 'grin and bear it' for god's sake. If there is a legitimate challenge, or if a deanery has acted unfairly then you need to be doing things about it. That's how they win. Medics are too goddamn nice.

We had the first SHO meeting in this bloody new trust I have been sent - I am amazed by the absolute chaos and lack of interest by everybody. Something also very worrying; very low exam pass rate here.... and non-existent training.

Anyway, about the banding, apparently it dropped down from 2A to 2B when a Crisis Team was introduced as first line to respond, but as they were not funded adequately they are cut down their input to 4 days out of 7, no nights and SHO see everybody who presents and discuss with them every possible admission (I found this last bit completely ridiculous; the doctor has not right to admit if they do not discuss with Crisis team!!). So SHOs are first line again but for some reason somebody forgot to upgrate the banding again!!

I am furious, I am writing to the BMA asap. For God s sake, we are doing 1:5 oncalls!!!

We had a similar problem last year

Crisis team wanted SHO to assess every patient jointly 'in the interests of patient to cut down number of assessments'. We put our foot down and refused. we were willing to help out with tough assessments but EVERY ASSESSMENT - They had to be kidding!!

They easily forget that SHO especially at night covers apart from A&E all acute wards, PICU, sec 136 and Gen hospital. it is unfair that they expect us to assess every case. What is their bloody role then?

these bastards are trying to squeeze as much work as possible whilst paying us the least they can get away with.

in my new trust, they have again set up a new Crisis team to deal with night referrals.

they are happier to pay these guys more, setting up new teams, replacing all doctors.

we have become supernumerary in today's psychiatry in nhs.

they only have us so they can say they have a dr on call.

new st1, 2, will hardly see any new assesments,and get paid f*** all.

training?

we should have gone on strike when they first threatened us.

now we have shown the profession has the bollocks of a castrati, and they can sting us again and again.

RIP NHS Junior Doctor Training.

grin and bear it? i guess we have to bear it, but grin, I think not.

We had the first SHO meeting in this bloody new trust I have been sent - I am amazed by the absolute chaos and lack of interest by everybody. Something also very worrying; very low exam pass rate here.... and non-existent training.

Anyway, about the banding, apparently it dropped down from 2A to 2B when a Crisis Team was introduced as first line to respond, but as they were not funded adequately they are cut down their input to 4 days out of 7, no nights and SHO see everybody who presents and discuss with them every possible admission (I found this last bit completely ridiculous; the doctor has not right to admit if they do not discuss with Crisis team!!). So SHOs are first line again but for some reason somebody forgot to upgrate the banding again!!

I am furious, I am writing to the BMA asap. For God s sake, we are doing 1:5 oncalls!!!

I sense backdated pay coming your way! No way is 1 in 5 a 2B....

It's as I have been saying all along: A complete cost cutting exercise dressed up as 'modernisation' of training.

It happens in commercial sectors all the time. For 'modernisation' read trimming workforce expenditure.

It's all bollocks.

I hope those that suppoted this crap are satisfied

SHO see everybody who presents and discuss with them every possible admission (I found this last bit completely ridiculous; the doctor has not right to admit if they do not discuss with Crisis team!!)

Totally agree. Wonder what would happen if we did our assessment, wrote in the notes 'Treatment plan: admit to psychiatric unit', phoned the unit to tell them and left it at that.

If the unit insisted we phone the crisis team first, state you don't think that is necessary. Tell the unit your input is now over and it's their responsibility to admit them onto the ward. Have nothing more to do with the case and bugger off somewhere.

The trust may have an agenda to reduce admissions but a) as a doctor that's not part of my remit and B) they haven't told me anyway.

Why should I have to refer to the crisis team? Any more than I should have to refer to a surgeon, or a medic, or a physiotherapist, or anyone else?

Is this a case of doctors being subservient as usual?