Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gangollilokesh

Differrence between CT3 and FTSTA3

13 posts in this topic

i don't think so...

what kind of differences were you thinking of?

I got an offer of CT3 which says that runthrough/uncoupled and if you can go furhter if you show relavent progression. Later on I recieved a FTSTA 3 offer in a place where I want to go. Donno which one to take!!!!!!!!!

Approved 4 Training.....both CT3 and FTSTA3

Contract lenght.... both 1yr if at 3rd yr level

Basically there's no diff except name at CT3 level.

I got an offer of CT3 which says that runthrough/uncoupled and if you can go furhter if you show relavent progression. Later on I recieved a FTSTA 3 offer in a place where I want to go. Donno which one to take!!!!!!!!!

Call them up (too late for today...) and ask what they mean re possible progression....

I cannot think it means much, but best to check it out with them...!

slight difference is that in the ct3 post you may get another year if you fail exams, but in the ftsta3 post you won't.

slight difference is that in the ct3 post [highlight]you may get another year[/highlight] if you fail exams, but in the ftsta3 post you won't.

R u sure, the job descriptions and offer letters specifically say its 1 yr appointment.

Offer says 'We are pleased to offer you an allocation to a run-through/uncoupled training programme in the above specialty commencing August 2008'

'This specialty training programme is offered as a continuous period of training. Continuation of training will depend upon satisfactory completion of each individual placement. All placements are provisional and subject to change and placements may be geographically distant or separate'

Thats the offer letter........the most important document is the contract with the employing trust.

Also run through and uncoupled are contradictory terms....so i dont know what they mean.

Going by the wording of the letter it seems to be a generic one sent to people at all levels and specialties. At least in London ST3 are getting one more year to complete their exam if they haven't already. Going by J's words probably the same holds true for CT3 as well. Best it to check with the deanery but I doubt whether they will be able to say things definitely at this moment.

I think ppl in CT3 get national training number and they may get one more year as extension, if they dont clear thier exams.

I think ppl in [highlight]CT3 get national training number [/highlight]and they may get one more year as extension, if they dont clear thier exams.

No, you dont get a number as it is not run through as ST.

You will only get number at ST4/CT4 stage.

Offer says

'This specialty training programme is offered as a [highlight]continuous[/highlight] period of training.  Continuation of training will depend upon [highlight]satisfactory completion of each individual placement[/highlight].  All placements are provisional and subject to change and placements may be geographically distant or separate'

i think they mean its a continuous period of training for 1 year.

it will have few different placements (mybe 2 or 3) as part of it and if u complete one such placement you can move ahead to next one.