Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
docnidhi

lot of stress

12 posts in this topic

Folks, I have accepted an offer from west midlands last month, but now got an offer for ST1 in Scotland. when i cantacted the west midlands people the dont let me go. however other deaneries have allowed candidated to take ST1. Should i accept the ST. MMC says doctors can compete for posts that offer a better position for longer term training. where do i stand now. PLEASE HELP. THANKS

I guess the one you accepted in west midlands deanery is CT1 which is for 3 years after which u need to compete for SPR jobs in open competition. But the ST1 in scotland is a run-through job. isn't it and it will alllow you to progress to ST4 straightaway if you have your MRCPsych (unless they uncouple it). So it is definitely a better job for your career progression than CT1.

Speak to BMA if u r a member. also worth while speaking to head of school of psychiatry for west midlands (which i think u can get the contact details from the deanery website).

I am not a member of BMA, i'm afraid... but will try to speak to head of school. cheers

I think it is mentioned clearly in the Applicant's Guide that you can continue to compete for a run-through post after you have accepted a core training post.

Dont let them make up their own rules.

Hi,

I got a CT in England and later ST in scotland. I have accepted the job in scotland and it was not a problem.

There you go docnidhi. Grab your ST job before your next person takes it

Folks, I have accepted an offer from west midlands last month, but now got an offer for ST1 in Scotland. when i cantacted the west midlands people the dont let me go. however other deaneries have allowed candidated to take ST1. Should i accept the ST.  MMC says  doctors can compete for posts that offer a better position for longer term training. where do i stand now. PLEASE HELP. THANKS

What did you decide?

Which one have you chosen?

If you still have time to make up your decision,

I think you can opt for the ST1 as it is a longer term job with more security.

You are well within the rules by opting for it.

If you are in doubt, contact your current college tutor or MMC organiser in your trust.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Accept the ST1, end of story. West Midland has no case. What will they do, report you to GMC? That is a augh because the GMC have better things to worry about. You have no problem whatsoever

So, which sector of Scotland are you placed in?