Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aroma

Query CT3 in London or

2 posts in this topic

I am confused and want to know what others might do in my situation. I have accepted a CT3 in London Deanery and have been allocated to Oxleas Trust.

I also went for an interview for a position as Clinical Research Fellow in Liaison Psychiatry and was offered a job 3 days ago.

I will have 36 months of training by August 08 and will be taking the CASC exam in June 08.

Should I risk accepting the research fellow job? it might add more to my CV, possibly a publication. It would also mean I will not be in training any more and will only have one more attempt to pass the CASC.

I am confused and want to know what others might do in my situation. I have accepted a CT3 in London Deanery and have been allocated to Oxleas Trust.

I also went for an interview for a position as Clinical Research Fellow in Liaison Psychiatry and was offered a job 3 days ago.

I will have 36 months of training by August 08 and will be taking the CASC exam in June 08.

Should I risk accepting the research fellow job? it might add more to my CV, possibly a publication. It would also mean I will not be in training any more and will only have one more attempt to pass the CASC.

If yoiu have already accepted CT3 in London, am not sure whether you can refuse now. Research fellow job will surely add value to your CV and RCPsych is likely to change the rule of passing exam till Dec 2008 for non training posts. In my view duration of Research fellow job is also important in raeching a decision.

There is no guarantee for CT3 continuing in any shape for form after a year and there is no guarantee that change in RCPsych rule would be favourable to us (non training job holders) so either way, its a gamble.....I would say stick with less evil one out of two...

good luck in what ever you decide