Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moustafasaoud

How to swap ST4 forensic from Severn to London?

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone I was offered a ST4 forensic in Severn Deanery but for personal reasons would prefer working in London. Does anyone know how to do that? I am not aware of the process. and if any one interested to move to Bristol, pleace contact me.

THanks

u need to apply for IDT on personal grounds... its not your job to arrange for a swap! all u need to do is apply to ur own deanery between now and mid october for the November Transfer Window... (check with ur specialty training coordinator or equivalent regarding the cut off date)

the cut off date for the May Window was 15th April

If ur ARCPs have been OK then ur dean should have no problems in releasing you... but that unfortunately doesnt guarantee a place in the new deanery.... they can

1.reject,

2.accept

3.accpt and put u on waiting...

i hope that helps

oh, i forgot to tell you... as far as i understand, u cant be transferred before working for atleast one year in your deanery (i.e Severn)

Additionally, they might want to see evidence that your circumstances changed 'after' you joined.... ;)

Thanks docpurrs !! that's really kind.. well looks like I have to wait for a year ! because I haven't started working yet !

Well done for getting the job Moustafa.

Speak to your deanery's head of school and explain that your wife works in London - he/she might have some advice.

F_S