Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pooongssk

NW deanery accepted transfer but my hospital refuses to release !

5 posts in this topic

Hai

I am a CT trainee and applied for transfer to NW deanery, which has been accepted and placement offered in manchester. Now, my own trust refuses to release me due to staff shortage. Has anybody faced similar problem ? I am not sure if the trust can stop my transfer quoting staff problems when both the deaneries are happy. I have given 4 weeks notice already.

Will appreciate your comments.

thx

Bala

Speak to BMA.

Hai

I am a CT trainee and applied for transfer to NW deanery, which has been accepted and placement offered in manchester. Now, my own trust refuses to release me due to staff shortage. Has anybody faced similar problem ? I am not sure if the trust can stop my transfer quoting staff problems when both the deaneries are happy. I have given 4 weeks notice already.

Will appreciate  your comments.

thx

Bala

Hi Bala,

If your deanery has agreed to release you to North West and the North West has agreed to accept you and a date has been set for your commencement, all you need to do is to give the statutory 1 month notice stated in your contract and there is nothing they can do about it.

Hi, you can speak to the BMA etc BUT you need to have your deanery release you first if you applied for an interdeanery transfer. However, if you made a new application for a new job in another deanery then you can just resign anhd start elsewhere. I do not see how your Trust comes in as your deanery is responsible for your training needs.