Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kris_77

Legal challenge to MMC being considered

7 posts in this topic

Remedy UK is considering a legal challenge to MMC as they feel the govt has a case to answer in relation to the way the changes were implemented. Apparently they have already collected over £ 12,000 in donations in just 3 days which leaves them £248,000(sic) short.

Guys, contribute generously to the cause as it appears to have a better chance of succeeding than the BAPIO case which looks set to fizzle out (remember, no MMC,no visa issue)

http://www.remedyuk.org/

Guys, contribute generously to the cause as it appears to have a better chance of succeeding than the BAPIO case which looks set to fizzle out (remember, no MMC,no visa issue)

Not sure that final comment is quite true. The 2 are, as far as DoH are concerned, disentangled. The VISA issue will remain with or without MMC.

MMC as much as we all might hate it, will not go away - certainly not in a hurry.

Remedy UK is considering a legal challenge to MMC as they feel the govt has a case to answer in relation to the way the changes were implemented. Apparently they have already collected over £ 12,000 in donations in just 3 days which leaves them £248,000(sic) short.

http://www.remedyuk.org/

Nice try Kris. But your colleagues are smarter than you think. They are not that foolish to think that no MMC=no Visa.

Also please DO NOT try to discredit BAPIO effort.

To tell the least , some of your posts here are really sickening. I think you are too desperate mate :lol:

Not sure that final comment is quite true. The 2 are, as far as DoH are concerned, disentangled.  The VISA issue will remain with or without MMC.

MMC as much as we all might hate it, will not go away - certainly not in a hurry.

1)As far as I am aware (correct me if I am wrong), the BAPIO challenge has nothing to do with HSMP in the 1st place. They are questioning the abolition of PFT & are calling for a reinstatement of it in some form or the other for a limited period in order to help IMGs complete their training. I don`t think the HSMP issue has even been mentioned in their appeal. Subsequently, the appeal has little relevance to most people on this forum, who are on HSMP.

2) the DoH guidelines on HSMP (not being treated at par with UK/EU) was issued specifically for ST recruitment (although they were announced sometime late last year) . If the changes are put on hold, the HSMP issue would die down,atleast for the time being. I know it would not go away & might come back to haunt IMGs at some point, but it would still mean that many IMGs can get into SpR schemes before further changes are brought in.

3) I am in no way trying to undermine BAPIO's efforts & wish them well but they only represent a tiny minority of junior doctors in this country. Do you think the govt (which I believe did influence the high court judgement on IMGs..judiciary independent of the executive is a myth) would be under any pressure to accomodate their demands? As I mentioned earlier, BAPIO is still fighting for bringing back the PFT which, even if successful, would mean nothing more than a moral victory for most IMGs in this country.

4) RemedyUK, on the other hand, have received widespread media coverage in recent weeks & has the support of the wider junior doctor fraternity as they are not seen as representing a specific group of interests. I do not know of their views on IMGs but at this moment, they seem to be voicing the concerns shared by most juniors, irrespective of their countries of origin. They could certainly count on having more success through the legal route, as they are better resourced and more representative.

[ To tell the least , some of your posts here are really sickening. I think you are too desperate mate :lol:

Please back up your allegations with evidence....

[ To tell the least , some of your posts here are really sickening. I think you are too desperate mate :lol:

Please back up your allegations with evidence....

This is not an allegation mate. Calm down. Read through your own posts.