Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chrispell

Re: My cover is blown...!!

20 posts in this topic

I'm not sure. It would depend on how you felt about someone else knowing your username.

The anonymity in the forums is artificial to a certain extent anyway, as the webmaster knows everyone's details.

I've never felt the need to disguise my identity because I only tend to type things that I would say to others anyway.

If it makes you uncomfortable, then you should change it, if not, then carry on...

same here. I don't need any anonymity as many people already know who I am, and have even met them personally

same here, pratish.

I was able to identify quite a few of my colleagues, by the content

of their posts, rather than by id.

I'm not sure. It would depend on how you felt about someone else knowing your username.

The anonymity in the forums is artificial to a certain extent anyway, [highlight]as the webmaster knows everyone's details. [/highlight]

I've never felt the need to disguise my identity because I only tend to type things that I would say to others anyway.

If it makes you uncomfortable, then you should change it, if not, then carry on...

Are you sure about this? You can sign up with any name, e-mail addresses can be got easily.

I am not sure you cannot be annonymous.

Hmm, the creator of the thread has deleted their posts- makes my reply look foolish now! :(

I had initially aimed for anonymity but then my supervising consultant guessed who I was from some of my posts! It's not a big deal.

I wonder why they've been deleted?

probably decided to change his/her identity after all.

i agree. i've never taken any steps to disguise my identity, but equally i've not deliberately revealed it either. i was very surprised when i was first approached by someone asking 'are you j?' and even more when two other people asked me later in the same week.

[highlight]your supervising consultant guessed it?[/highlight]

wow I am not too sure how many of the consultants where I work actually know of superego-cafe....

that is progress IMHO

I had initially aimed for anonymity but then my supervising consultant guessed who I was from some of my posts! It's not a big deal.

I wonder why they've been deleted?

[highlight]your supervising consultant guessed it?[/highlight]

wow I am not too sure how many of the consultants where I work actually know of superego-cafe....

that is progress IMHO

Don't be surprised at all even the royal college of psychiatrists know about superego. The cafe was bought up clearly in the postgraduate tutors conference held at Belgravia square.

I do know that the College knows about it (and it is fair they do), but judging from the consultants I come across, I doubt any would actually be members and would be following closely what people write to the extend of recognising me through my posting....

I do know that the College knows about it (and it is fair they do), but judging from the consultants I come across, I doubt any would actually be members and would be following closely what people write to the extend of recognising me through my posting....

I was pleased my supervisor knew about it because he had a better understanding of our predicament and was able to advise accordingly. The topics on this site were discussed betwwen ourselves and I did give him a small clue so it's not surprising he guessed. :)

to be honest I envy you!

I think it is a good thing that your supervisor is so close to you, so good news!

I wouldn't say 'so close' but it definitely helped the trainee-trainer relationship.

ok ok ok....Il tell everyone what my real name is..... BOND..... JAMES BOND

chotay chai laaaa

Why would consultants monitor the cafe? dont they have better things to do than trying to find out what trainees are up to in their spare time.

[highlight]Why would consultants monitor the cafe?[/highlight] dont they have better things to do than trying to find out what trainees are up to in their spare time.

remember, they are your educational supervisors...so they need to keep a tab on your training activites especially the bit that concerns you slaggin them off for sub-prime supervision.... >:( :( >:( >:( :( >:( :( :(:o :o :o

I don't think it's that sinister. There are a few consultants kicking about in here, some of them are active members and give good advice, others I suspect just here to see what issues affect their juniors. The forum is an open one, so in theory anyone could be in here...

Superego has been going long enough for people who used it as juniors to be consultants now- eg Webmaster!