Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
janani

child passport regarding

3 posts in this topic

Can I have some useful advice about how to renew the passport of my daughter [in India they give passport for 5 years for children initially].we are in UK under the HSMP.Our HSMP is due for renewal[i mean FLR Extension] next MAY and my daughters passport expires in SEPTEMBER.Thanks for your help.

Passport renewal can be done in Consulate General of India Office in Birmingham.

There's another office in Edinburgh.

This is the link for the relevant application form.

http://www.hcilondon.net/services/passport-download/new-application-form.pdf

This is the link for Birmingham office

http://www.cgibirmingham.org/mainindx.html

Go through the website which has all the details who would be looking for.

Good luck

Oops, i missed to mention the London High Commission Office, where the same can be done.

This is the relevant info. applicable to all offices. (from the website)

A new passport can be issued on the expiry, or up to one year before expiry, of any passport, which had an initial validity of 10 years. It is necessary to have a valid visa on the previous passport. To apply for a new passport, you need to fill out the application form along with two latest identical passport-size photographs.(Attestation not necessary) You also need to enclose your current or recently expired passport (in case your latest passport is an additional booklet issued to the original passport, you are also required to submit all the additional booklets plus the original passport) and the fee of £ 27.00. if you want an ordinary, 36 page, passport or £ 34.00 if you want a jumbo, 60 page passport. If all the pages of your passport have been exhausted, then also you will be issued a new passport of ten years validity from the current date for a fee of £27. This will also apply for all other cases like 'change in appearance, name, date of birth, place of birth, signatures etc.', where a new passport booklet is required