Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest K

Planning to take Diazepam

27 posts in this topic

Can I ask a weird question.

I am planning to take Diazepam 5mg the night before the exam.

Has any body taken it before the exam.Did it work!

This is going to be my first time (never taken it before) and I am a bit ambivalent about the cognitive side effects next morning affecting my performance.But its absolutely impossible for me to relax the night before and find it hard to sleep well.

Have a trial run if you have time! One of my med student colleagues used to do it with no ill effect.

Yes.I did think about that but I suppose its because I lost the exam last time purely due to poor performance secondary to anxiety(I do bloody have a sort of exam phobia).

But thanks for you advice.

take it bro.. 5 mgs a pretty peaceful dose.. i havent had diazepam.. had alprazolam before and it worked like the proverbial charm..

everybody anxious exam time.. and me sitting there not giving a rats ass.. confident id do the needful.. thinking hit me with yer best shot momfuggers.. and waiting the exam out..

sure.. ive always been pretty peaceful with exams.. but no reason to take chances..

best of luck.

and yeah.. stay away from the coffee and tea as it might reduce the benzo effect.. conversely.. if you feel too dopey.. and feel its affecting your functioning.. (seriously i dont see this happening).. have a cuppa

Qalima par aur koodh ja maidaan mein.....

chain kulee ki main kulee ki jaaaain

It may be too late, but if you have never taken it, I think I would not take it in your shoes...

just think of adrenaline as a kick in your system and performance enhancing....

and you don't want to suffer any side effects do you?

good luck anyway!

I took 2mg on the day of the exam. Did wonders for my anxiety, because of which I think I previously failed!

Better take it the night before and not on the day. Like we all say to our patients(?clients), people react to tablets in different ways!!

Not sure I would do the same, but if it helps... I would maybe have gone for a non-sedating one like propranolol just in case it affected my performance the next day.

Good luck in the exam anyway!

Well- I worship the God BENZO now. I had 4mg the day before (test dose- 2 mg then another 2mg cos still wobbly) and 4mg on day of exam. Made me able to think straight for long case (I would have been incapacitated without it as I was even more terrified than for part 1 OSCE). Actually, I also had 80mg slow release propranolol on the day...

Still not pleasant, and I was struggling to stay alert at 5 pm for PMPs, but I think it made a real (positive) difference to my performance. If I fail, it won't be because of meds!

I envy your big heart Ros!!! taking those meds on the day of exam....i wouldnt have the heart.

Anyway, all the very best.I'm sure you will pass. :)

Well- I worship the God BENZO now. I had 4mg the day before (test dose- 2 mg then another 2mg cos still wobbly) and 4mg on day of exam. Made me able to think straight for long case (I would have been incapacitated without it as I was even more terrified than for part 1 OSCE). Actually, I also had 80mg slow release propranolol on the day...

Still not pleasant, and I was struggling to stay alert at 5 pm for PMPs, but I think it made a real (positive) difference to my performance. If I fail, it won't be because of meds!

I concur Ros, all the best. Can i ask how do you get hold of these meds? I have never taken them before exams but if they can be sensibly taken i am sure are beneficial.

I had a prescription!... I didn't buy them off my patients, if that's what you were wondering!!!!

I think most GPs wouldn't have a problem prescribing benzos for such an obviously acute event- like they do all the time for people who fly.

haha rock n roll sweetheart rock n effing roll

IT BLOODY WORKED

IT BLOODY WORKED

IT BLOODY WORKED

IT BLOODY WORKED

IT BLOODY WORKED

IT BLOODY WORKED

IT BLOODY WORKED

IT BLOODY WORKED

IT BLOODY WORKED

IT BLOODY WORKED

IT BLOODY WORKED

IT BLOODY WORKED

Well done, Lad :D Maybe I took too much...oh well. ::)

Thanks Ros.

I am sure you will take the exam again and will pass the thing.........

Congrats to all those who scaled the cliff this time & to those who didn't, all is not lost, come on aboard and we will do it together. :) :) :)

congratulations to the people who passed and commisurations to those who did not.. i am really sorry for those including some of my very close friends .. i know how well they prepared because we all prepared together.. i am sure they will be flying through next time.. it makes the celebrations very muted this time as I would loved all our group (5 people) to have passed.. good luck my dear friends I would not have passed without our group study...

sivakumar