Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest sonie

Cannibalism????

51 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I am wondering if somebody could help me please.

Recently i saw an interesting case in which a person has an urge to be eaten alive by others.

Is there any name for this condition?

Cannibalism is an act of eating others.

Self cannibalism(autophagy) is an act of eating self.

??????? is an act of offering oneself to be eaten.

Any comments are welcome.

Hi Sonie,

Very interesting psychopathalogy!

Need sometime...need to do some research before coming up with an answer

The recent trial of Armin Meiwes in Germany highlighted this issue, in that because the victim was voluntary he initially only recieved an 8 year sentence for manslaughter, rather than murder. This was later appealled by the prosecution and he did eventually get life imprisonment. If you really must, you can wikipedia Armin's name for more details about the case, but it makes for gruesome and extremely uncomfortable reading.

Anyway, they seem to describe the act of wanting to be eaten as 'voluntary cannibalism' although that doesn't really seem to define it very well. At least not from the victim's point of view... :-/

i would certainly agree with 'voluntary cannibalism'..

is the psychopathology related to nihilism with or without automatic obedience? i am very interested in knowing more about his case sonie..

you rarely do come across these symptomatology.. dont you?

Hi

how about cannibalistic sacrifice or masochistic cannibalism?

what do you think?

Hi Sonie,

Rare psychopathology,but very alarming though!

Cannibalism is a spanish word,thats what all i gathered.I would suggest to find out from a greek or latin professor about any existing name for such kind of behaviour.

Comments are welcum from anyone who are aware of latin and greek.

cannibal

1553, from Sp. canibal 'a savage, cannibal,' from Caniba, Christopher Columbus' rendition of the Caribs' name for themselves, Galibi 'brave men.' The natives were believed to be anthropophagites. Columbus, seeking evidence that he was in Asia, thought the name meant the natives were subjects of the Great Khan. Shakespeare's Caliban (in 'The Tempest') is a version of this word, with -n- and -l- interchanged, found in Hakluyt's 'Voyages' (1599). Cannibalize of machinery, etc., first recorded 1943, reflecting war-time shortages.

Isn't this alarming?

Armin Meiwes' lawyers had argued that the court should instead convict him of the lesser offense of 'killing on demand,' on the grounds that he was following his victim's wishes.

sounds like a reasonable arguement for a lawyer whose job it was to get the guy off altogether or with the shortest sentence possible.

its what we should expect living in a behavioral sink. personally i just dont find it that alarming!

would it make any difference if the volunteer suffered with a mental illness?

or even was suicidal and could not be courageous enough to do himself in.

It sounds really weird for a human to offer himself to be food to another whatever the circumstances.

Or was there an occultic connotation underlying that we are unaware of?

It is very bizzare indeed! :-/

I vaguely remember seeing a programme on this some 2 yrs back

covering a few incidents in Germany and a few in voyages.

does anyone remember about this

just reading the story on wilkipaedia churned my stomach, I was physically being sick. It is so revolting that a judge supposedly in his right thinking mind felt it right to release such a monster in 8 and a half years, despite his continued interest in eating humans.

He is not fit to be with other humans as far as I am concerned.

At least for the safety of others, he should be quietly put to sleep forever.

His like make you so scared of other human beings. Who can tell what is on a mind's mind?

I am so happy I have not had lunch today. Infact I am put of food for now! :(

I remember my college days

during the anatomy dissection one of my mates nibblled a bit of the cadaver to win a bet. :-X

one of my Anantomy lectures was moistening his fingers to turn out the pages of a book

just after he was handling human organ specimens with his bare hands. :-/

I remember my college days

during the anatomy dissection one of my mates nibblled a bit of the cadaver to win a bet. :-X

Hi sonie,

coming back to ur question ??????? is an act of offering oneself to be eaten.

How about Negative cannibalism?

I think this is getting a little out of hand.

This guy didn't eat someone against their will. At least he gained consent. I'm afraid that anyone who ate bacon for breakfast or had a chicken curry for dinner really has no right to pass judgement.

Guess I'm just speakin up for the guys who cant.

I think this is getting a little out of hand.

This guy didn't eat someone against their will.  At least he gained consent.  I'm afraid that anyone who ate bacon for breakfast or had a chicken curry for dinner really has no right to pass judgement.

Guess I'm just speakin up for the guys who cant.

thats a pretty extreme point of view man..

so of course it must be okay if he's released in 8.5 years and does it again..

anyways its only murdering another vulnerable adult and eating his remains..

course I see your point all be it a little paternalistic. guess the answer is to make an assesment of anyone wanting to be eaten and make sure they are of sound mind. then if all ok, bon appitite.

No one has found a manual for life as far as I am aware so I personally have a problem inflicting my own ideas and thoughts on a hungry guy and his mate.

guess the answer is to make an assesment of anyone wanting to be eaten and make sure they are of sound mind.  then if all ok, bon appitite

That would make for a hellish PMP, eh?

No one has found a manual for life as far as I am aware so I personally have a problem inflicting my own ideas and thoughts on a hungry guy and his mate.

haha.. just you wait young man..

in a few years when youre a practising consultant, you will have to inflict your and the goverments ideas on far far less dysfunctional people..

strange how usually left wing liberal people that most of us appear to be.. i.e. educated liberal minded scientific peeps get indoctrinated into a right wing authoritarian mode of thinking come the mrcpsych part 2 and after..

btw if you guys are interested heres the smallest policitical quiz in the world.. tells you what your political affiliation could be.. .. here it is http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html

I think that the piece of information which would be interesting is that, considering the idea of being eaten in par with an idea of 'people are after me'.

The later is most of the time conceptualized as a by product of a schizophrenic illness and psychopathologically 'a delusion'.

There is no restriction in defining an idea as delusion on the basis of the theme.