Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajeevkrishnadas

Diff between secured job and planned job

3 posts in this topic

What is the difference between secured job and planned job...

difference between rotation, substantive, temporary.. etc... :-/

If you have got a contract between now and august that means your job is secured.if you have attended a interview and been selected but in the process of negotiating pay etc then it becomes planned.Rotation is self explanatory( 6 monthly training jobsfor 2 or 3 years in psychiatry)Temporary is if you are covering some one on maternity or sick leave with fixed pay(some times this may be locum as well)Substantiative is what Consultants  and staffgrades are on ( not locum ).This is my understanding.

My two cents err... pence (probably overestimating the value a little!):

I think their two locum choices are for working in the NHS only, because LAT numbers are for Registrars and a quick internet search (what did we do before Google?!) showed an advert - now expired - for a LAS job in Scotland through a trust.

A rotation is obvious. Temporary is what most locum jobs would be (except trust-grade I guess). Substantive would be fixed jobs with a contract. If someone's done a clinical attachment I guess that's considered an honourary post (no on-calls,etc) but I have no idea what a service job is.

Our trust extended all our initial 'rotation' contracts to Aug 2007 so just put 'none' for end date and leave future employment blank if that applies to you. If you are job hunting while studying for exams AND doing MTAS - take heart! You'll need to fill out the future employment box if this is the case.