Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
murcielago

Is anybody linking their application

9 posts in this topic

Just wondered if anyone is linking their application???

Its creating the biggest headache for me because my better half wants to apply for VTS in 4 deaneries and I want to apply for 2 specialties in 2 deaneries......

Now this could all go t*ts up for us, if one of us is in one city and the other hundreds of miles away.

DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!

I might have to bite the bullet and apply in the same deaneries, something I don't really want to do.

The things we men do for love!!!

Hi Fonz,

I am in the same situation as you, by wife wanting to apply for VTS at ST2 or ST3.

A piece of info for you, which shocked me when i first came to know.

Imagine this situation. Based on ur spouse's GP exam result, she will be ranked and if she does well (i hope she does) she will be booked for an appt in her first choice UOA, and if there are no places available then her second choice UOA. For example, if she has London/KSS as first choice and places are available, she would be called for an interview. She will not be called for any other interviews and then only stands a chance in getting a post in that UOA. You may then ask urself...'I if want to live with her, what am I doing giving interviews in other UOA's!!!' So you have to get a post in the only UOA she gets called for, else it all goes haywire. I am in the same boat and am considering asking my wife to give Medicine as her 3rd and 4th choice just to have something to fall back upon. There are a number of such technical things which neither MTAS nor MMC has an idea about, and I guess we will be the ones to suffer.  

Do not link your applications! It is a bad idea, apply where you want to apply, see the offers you both get, then decide. If you link applications you only serve to limit the places you would have otherwise been given. The system will not offer you a UOA unless your partner is offered it also.

Thanks fellas, I think the powers that be assume we docs dont have relationships. BE interesting to see the number of marriages and relationships that cock up as a result of MMC.

I was too thinking of linking up, but we are not so sure after all....

I think we will go our separate ways....

I mean as far as the application is concerned...

;)

I was too thinking of linking up, but we are not so sure after all....

I think we will go our separate ways....

I mean as far as the application is concerned...

;)

:lol: :lol:

Cant say that I agree with CMO. In the end u will only get one offer and not offers on April 19th, not 4 and it is highly likely that linked applicants will be offerred separate UOA's.

Posted by: doctorwasim Posted on: Today at 21:20

Cant say that I agree with CMO. In the end u will only get one offer and not offers on April 19th, not 4 and it is highly likely that linked applicants will be offerred separate UOA's.  

Yeah sorry about that, I didn't read the guide properly. If you can't stand the thought of being separated from your other half then linkage is the way to go, as long as you know it may mean giving up your first choice.