Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajaraja

2 uoa\'s/2 specialties

3 posts in this topic

http://www.mmc.nhs.uk/download_files/Applicants%20Guide%20to%20Recruitment%20Release%204%20090107%20(2).pdf

Please look at page 3- I am getting more confused!They have given an example of 2 uoa's and 2 specialties. So can I apply for

General Adult- London

General Adult- North West

Old Age- Mersey

Old age- Yorkshire? as an example?

Initially I thought that if I apply for gen adult in london and NW, I should apply for old age at London and NW as well,

Any ideas guys? but it doesn't seem to be the case!

Hi Raja,

Using the example of old age and GA psych as specialties and NW and Yorkshire as Deaneries, it means you can apply for 2 old age posts and 2 GA posts in those 2 deaneries only...

Your example will be 2 specialties in 4 deaneries

rajaraja , I have worked out a similar combination as you have shown above and thats how I am making my application. I have clarified this with Chair of STC for Yorkshire deanery and the above combination would make a valid application. I have tried to work around other combinations but MTAS simply rejects it saying there has been an error but it has accepted the above combination ! My feeling is that by having the above mix your are still sticking with their requirement of ONE SPECIALITY IN EACH UOA. I dunno if this clarifies or adds to your confusion. I have decided to go by the above combination, come what may. Take luck