Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
manjupanatt

horizontal marking system

5 posts in this topic

can i just ask about the horizontal marking system? :o

does that mean you have to repeat things that you have already mentioned in other parts of the applications.

my ASSUMPTION  ::)was that one person would be marking all the A questions and the other one all the B.  because most of the A questions have some thing or the other common. i have not repeated myself in a group of A questions.

Can anybody clarify please?

many thanks

j where are you?

please can you clarify this horizontal thing, as I am about to go horizontal as well!

Thanks!

I spoke to one of the tutors in Scotland about this. They have not been told for definite but it is extremely likely that horizontal marking will be used. The assessor will therefore only grade one question and will not be aware of other parts of your application. The implication is that if you need to repeat something to make a point then do so cause they won't see your other answers anyway.

Also in Scotland specifically after shortlisting if you are invited to interview your application form score will not be counted and only your performance in the thirty minute interview will decide whether or not they offer a job. At the moment they are planning to interview four for every ST post. Smashing, that has cheered me right up...anyone for cyanide?  :D