Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajaraja

contacting referees- question for j/omer

5 posts in this topic

Dear j/omer

Do u know when they will be contacting our referees? Is it going to be before the shortlisting? One of my referees is going to be on leave between 19/2/07 and 23/2/07. What heppens if they e mail him then and he can't reply?

One of my referees is also on leave from 16 feb -5 march. It says on the MTAS website that the refrees will be contacted after the submission of application and they will be contacted regularly until they submit the reference( I hope so :lol:).

My guess is that following the submission of the application, even if you do it before the closing date of 4th feb, an email will be send to them immediately asking for referal.

Any other hypothesis

Cheers

I believe you are right Wetrain but here's my 2 pence.....

immediately you submit your application your referees are contacted. They are expected by MTAS to send your reference before the 24th of February 2007. If your referee is able to this, you are also expected to bring along a signed copy of the reference for interview, only if you are lucky to be shortlisted.

If for whatever reason your referee does not send a reference by that date, MTAS will continue to send a reminder till they do. At some point they might get in touch with you to see if you want to change the referee details to someone you know is available. The botom line is that if successful at interview the offer will only be confirmed after the employing trust/deanery recieves a satisfactory reference.

I personally think that it's best to put down the name of someone who's available during that period (that's if you have the luxury of choosing from all the consultants you might have worked with - I know a number of people won't have that option), anything else is a bit dodgy

Dear All,

Talking about referees, we are told that they will be able to view those parts of the application that refer to the entry and selection criteria. Is employment record/history part of those parts?

thanks.