Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carlo

Fair or not fair, this is the Quest!

3 posts in this topic

Hello United Folk of the MTAS!

After endless time spent just re-reading my masterpiece answers moments before deleting it and restarting from scratch, I wonder:

How about giving it a thought to how fair this whole process is?

I know this has partly been discussed already, but hey, never all in one go!

My thoughts:

I can see what they are trying to do, but are questions really relevant?

Would the old fashioned CV not have been better?

You know, personal touch, organizational skills, history would all have been there for them to read, right?

What if I ask my supervisor to fill the forms for me, is this fair?

Horizontal marking: AAAARGGGGGHHHHH??

Finally

Why Oh why are always things getting more and more complicated?

And all this to just become ´Junior Consultants????´´  Perhaps the older fellows are worried we´ll take all the jobs away from them: well I tell you ' be scared, be really scared because the way you are training us, we are becoming a really greedy, competitive, target-oriented bunch who will take over control everywhere!!!'

>:( ::):P :-X :'(

They have not gone down the CV route because it takes too much time to read through them all and it is harder to ensure that the markers are grading in the same way. It is far easier for them to train the markers to grade single answers in a standard manner and it speeds up the process. I think speed is the key they don't want anything to slow down the MMC train cause then that strengthens the case for a delay.

Im imagining a LD consultant who never filled an application form for last 20 years or so.. reading my case vignette on addiction issue.. and dumping it to bin... hurray!! long live MTAS...NHS.. PMETB...and everyone else

why dont you just let me become a psychiatrist???