Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chrispell

How much time is this all taking?

13 posts in this topic

Just curious to see how much work people have been putting into these forms, as it's taking me a lot longer than I had expected. Please only put in a time once you have finished your forms. Thanks.

Difficult to say for sure(Had a go, though). I've been working on it on and off since it was made available. Also I've been passively thinking of it at work, play, while eating, sleeping... :-?. Have decided to put my mind at rest and submit it today. And then, whatever happens, happens.

You are likely to fill the same whether u spend 5 hours or 50 hours :'(

More time than I would have liked. Less time than it probably needed.

:lol:

However much time it took, I'm sure it took much longer than had been expected.  And gathering those portfolios is going to take even more time.  All from patient care of course.  Sometimes you feel as though the government and hospital managers would rather have empty hospitals with just meetings and paperwork.  >:(  

That's what happens when you have little intelligence and education, you kindda loose track.  And mess up a profession whose average member has five times as many degrees as you do.  Put doctors back in charge of healthcare, that's what I say: they have the intelligence, the education, the patient knowledge and, above all, the right priorities.

Tintin,

I am glad you asked this question. My whole time is spent on MTAS forms and imagine I am preparing to present an audit and i am also dealing with HSMP. I have never been so miserable in my life.

I have no idea when I will get round to study.

Well, Such is life. When the going get tough, the tough get going.

I agree with you my friend Om_Shanti. i cant remember when last i was so stressed. hope the ordeal ends and leaves us with a bit of sanity :(

Thankfully I'm not as busy as some of you guys, no exam, HSMP etc. but just thought I'd amuse you with a bit of misfortune I had this week.

I live in a modern build 7y/o house. When I went to bed on monday night during a busier than normal on call I noticed that the bedroom carpet was squelching beneath my feet and there was a strange noise in the wall. It was obvious there was a leak in a place I had no idea there was pipes so I turned all the heating and water off. Still the noise?! I then set about chiselling through my beautifully painted bedroom wall and just as I got through the noise stopped. Got a plumber out the next day and he cut two more huge holes in the wall to reveal 6 copper pipes. Heating and water went back on full belt and still no leak despite evidence of water damage to bedroom floor and hallway below. Current situation is waiting for it to leak, with the upstairs completely upside down!!

Any other stories of unexpected time draining circumstances?

To be honest I started to prepare my answers from the first day the applications were on the site.I worked consistently without stressing myself up, spent around 3 hrs everyday after I came back from work and have completed my application yesterday.Just waiting to hit the submit button anytime, probably before 12pm the 4th of fab.This date is so scary, it feels as if it is the judgement day!lol

It is taking more than expected.

Just completed.

What a relief.