Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cuckoo

old age psych st4

14 posts in this topic

is it safe to apply in old age ,,i am taking risk as i am applying in all 4 UOA ,, it is disappointing that london/kss has only 5 seats ,,,,,rest of deanries has 1 , what a shame ,,i think only eastern deanry has 17 in st4....can some one please advice what to do

I also want to apply in old age. there are only 59 ST4 which is a bit discouraging. Historically old age has not been highly regarded but trend seems to be changing.

59 in all UoA ,,but if you apply in 4 UOA ,,it is less number of seats.

59 is a number to be optimistic (if there are), considering that there only 27 seats in Forensic -including wales and scotland! And there as much interest in forensic as old age. elsewhere in SECafe - there is a poll - which seems to show old age is a safe bet.

I am applying forensic in 4 UOA's - looking at the numbers my heart is sinking :(

i hope so that old age is safe bet ,,but if not then rest of my career is f....d

Dear friends,

Old age has been competitive all these years while general adult was much more easy to get. Currently, all subspecialities are highly competitive, therefore, in my opinion, there is nothing called safe or unsafe.

but if not then rest of my career is f....d

I do hope you mean foiled.

Not that other word, rhymes with ducked.

:lol: :lol:

cuckoo, if you don't have part II, how can you apply to ST4???

sorry i do have part 2 but i am too lazy to change it here,i do it to day promise.

help ,,i cant change my status of membership after trying few times can some one help

Hi,

I am interested in old age but looking at the jobs available, doing a rethink of splitting specialities

any comments

Hi CUCKOO,

Go to the profile page and on the top of the page(right) you will see modify profile. click on it and u will be able to put ur MRCPsych.

JUST DID THAT!!