HTTP 500

Most likely causes:

The website is under maintenance.

The website has a programming error.

What you can try:

Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

Having the same problem, website is totally gubbed!!

I can't believe it, an NHS IT system that isn't working properly. Who would have thought it was possible? All those managers who said that they were confident that the system could handle the volume of applications, when have NHS managers got it wrong?

Next you'll be trying to tell me that MMC isn't a wonderful new system that will dramatically increase my chances of higher training.

This is winding me up.

Cant access my application since 10-30 am. It was the same late last night also.

If I get back in I will cite this example as commitment to specialty

Are they going to compensate the wasted time by extending

the last date/closing time.

Oh my God the server has crashed.Reflection of all thats wrong with NHS :(.

yep - same here

MTAS had ample warning this would happen. Happened with FY guys last year. Still they couldnt even hire a few more servers for a few days.....

Write to their support and complain - i have - twice! Let them know we know they are b*ll£^k$ and they need to get their proverbial finger out

>:(

I called them up and they told me that their IT expert is off-sick and they are trying to get somebody else to look into it!They hope to get it back into running mode by evening!!!!!

i am also facing same problem. It says 'internal server error'

11:30 am

2/2/07

they told me that their IT expert is off-sick

Translation- Our IT expert (note that they only have one) saw that hardly anyone had submitted and knew that in the final three days the system would melt down. Afforementioned IT man knew he was going to spend today trying to vainly fix a system that was hugely overloaded with server requests and thought bugger that I'll throw a sickie. MTAS has decided to promote their 'Tea lady' to 'IT expert', we are all screwed.

:lol: :lol:

very annoying indeed. so this can happen in the first world as well! at least a reassurance that my country is not backwards after all.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

I knew the MMC was all about hoop jumping but where do we go when there is no hoop???!! :lol:

Well this is typical of what has been happening so long isn't it??

I feel that mtas should give us extra time to make up for the server run time, but i am sure some glib talking official will give a reason not to do so....

... problem is too many people trying to get thru the hoop at same time... why dont they have a mirror server???

cmo, very interesting the IT man threw a sickie today. I have thrown a sickie at work to complete the application, and now this.

What a pity

I dont think half the doctors are online as most of them must be working.

So I wonder how this could happen.

it would be good if MTAS made a statement about these problems on their website, or send out e-mails about it. they pretend nothing is amiss.

sandoc how did u manage to call'em up when the site says telephone calls will not be answered..!! But u'r imagination is really funny....nice bit of humour, that included your reply as well CMO. I managed to fill in something earlier, but when i saved, it took me to error page. Filling this application it enough of trouble by itself...now imagine having to do the same for 2nd and 3rd time....!!!!! 12:10 ..its still not working. At least they should have put a news alert in their home page about the problem and when it would be rectified, so that i dont have to try getting into the site every 5-10 min.......ah..all those talks about efficiency and...... b***s***ing.

it seems that almost every doctor in the UK has cancelled all their commitments this morning to work on this application.

server still down 12:14

It's still not working.....

No email from them yet either.

I agree with cmo.

Maybe this is a test of how we cope with adversity...

My question to MTAS

Describe a recent situation when ur system crashed and u couldn't understand the perspective of the applicants and were in conflict with them. What skills did u use and how has that changed ur practice?

A server costs 500 to 1000 dollars for a month, is Nhs so cash starved that they dont have the money to hire a few servers.