Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colorado

Call to action: White coat march on March 17th

32 posts in this topic

Any one heard of this org?

Give it a click.

http://www.remedyuk.org/index.html

The march will be a white coat march as a funeral cortege with pall-bearers carrying oversized coffins of NHS and TRAINING etc.

We will encourage people to carry cardboard cutout plaques of Patricia Hewitt's face

The media impact of this march will depend on its visual presentation, so co-ordination of theme is important.

We will congregate thereafter in the park at Lincolns Inn Fields for speeches.

We will release PDF's of posters for the march and anything else in coming weeks. Please keep in touch and get involved.

Survey of Current SHO grade junior doctors

2 in 3 are considering industrial action regarding

the quality of training.

Only 1 in 10 feels represented by the Royal

Colleges and only 6% by the BMA.

Less than half feel secure in their current speciality.

Less than 1 in 3 have even short-term job security.

4 in 5 have had no career advice regarding the

reforms.

Less than half are glad they chose medicine for a

career.

They certainly seem to have the right ideas..

Im impressed that the fight still continues.

I, for one, seem to have almost thrown in the towel.

Hmm! Shall sleep sound tonight!

Till 'morrow!

Remedyuk was once rumored to be in favor of the extra restrictions on HSMP/Plabbies/Plabbers?

Well I'll certainly be going to that march and I hope that everyone does their bit!

Doctors marching is a * very rare * occurrence, attracts large media attention, and is very bad news for any government.  Frankly we should have done it way sooner.  If they still don't listen we'll call a full blown strike, just for the pleasure of seeing Patricia deal with it!

They should learn that no government messes with the medical profession without getting its comeuppance. If they want to treat us like employees, we'll behave like f*ing employees!

I hope that everyone who reads this forum gets to the march.

We don't deserve any of this!! YOU ARE TOO Dedicated to be pushed arround like this.

There will be safety in numbers!!!MANY I should imagine.

They will not care unless service is affected .It does not matter if doctors go on the streets or not ,they will not care,unless services provided gets affected, and the public start to complain as well.

Believe me as I have been through this same process in another european country actually that is the reason why I left and came to UK.

For example refuse to do routine jobs for a week or all the trainees join outside the hospital and do not enter unless emergency is happeing,obviously do not compromise important things.Otherwise not much chance as it is too late.They could not rverse in other european countries and theycan not do it in here unlee something really horrible happens.

They will not care unless service is affected .It does not matter if doctors go on the streets or not ,they will not care,unless services provided gets affected, and the public start to complain as well.

Believe me as I have been through this same process in another european country actually that is the reason why I left and came to UK.

For example refuse to do routine jobs for a week  or all the trainees join outside the hospital and do not enter unless emergency is happeing,obviously do not compromise important things.Otherwise  not much chance as  it is too late.They could not rverse in other european countries and theycan not do it in here unlee something really horrible happens.

I think that kind of protest i.e. march is very much the need of the hour. I am sorry to read the negative comments above for a community that finds it hard to unite already. If somebody is planning this kind of thing, it should definitely go ahead. Whether this has any effect on any kind of outcome,should not really matter at all. At least it is a way of making our voice heard which is at the verge of being silenced.

I'm kind of inclined to agree that although a march will get loads of publicity, it is unlikely to lead to any change in MTAS going through as planned. However, it will raise awareness and public support. You never know, it might make it harder for them to push through further changes without full agreement. &nbsp:lol:on't think we're ready to go on strike in the way the firemen did just yet.....

VB,

Can't agree with you more.

All I can say is that this could be our last stand. Come April some of us will have jobs and will definitely not attend such marches.

It will be too late for those who are left out int he 'cold' to make themselves heard.

So do register and show support. I shall have finished the Part 2 exam and will look forward to attending this funeral of sorts....!

Custer's last stand... c'mon guys lets go down .. guns ablazin' !  ;)

Kriss_77 and Joanne 29 - It aint over till its over, remember!  ;)

(need to get this twitch in me eye checked) ;)

OK, I'm convinced. See you there. You should see my guy, look my eye works fine :)

VB,

Can't agree with you more.

All I can say is that this could be our last stand. Come April some of us will have jobs and will definitely not attend such marches.

It will be too late for those who are left out int he 'cold' to make themselves heard.

So do register and show support. I shall have finished the Part 2 exam and will look forward to attending this funeral of sorts....!

Custer's last stand... c'mon guys lets go down .. guns ablazin' !  ;)

Kriss_77 and Joanne 29 - It aint over till its over, remember!  ;)

(need to get this twitch in me eye checked) ;)

Might join the march as its on a Saturday although I doubt it would change things (unless there is a massive turnout, that is)

even a massive turnout won't change things. the process has started. it can't be stopped.

Oh but can't is such a strong word. Of course it can be stopped, anything can be. It just depends how willing people are to fight for it, and I suspect that we as trainees are somewhat more motivated than folk with secure jobs who aren't applying to the process.

However it would take a massive move from the majority of doctors in all specialties. We would all need to refuse to take up post, or retract our applications from the process. It would be better to say that it is unlikely to be stopped, despite the overwhelming professional outrage MMC is causing. Any public demonstration of our dissatisfaction is better than meekly submitting to unacceptable changes.

&quot:lol:o not go gentle into that good night.

Rage, rage against the dying of the light' - Dylan Thomas.

Well it's not just junior doctors.  The medical students are getting word of the march and many are coming too!  Do circulate the website address amongst the medical students and senior colleagues at your Trust.  We can make a difference, we can increase training numbers, we can change the process for next year, and we can make the government think twice before messing around with our lives again.

When the Nazis came for the communists,

I remained silent;

I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,

I remained silent;

I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,

I did not speak out;

I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for me,

there was no one left to speak out.

This poem highlights the importance of making an individual stand for what you believe is right, regardless of whether it appears to improve your situation or not.

I don't think overseas doctors(Plabbies) would want to support an organisation that looks only after the interests of uk trained doctors which is what remedy uk is.....They supported the restrictions on HSMP didn't they?

LET'S RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It got rid of the poll tax, come on fellow docs, lets show 'em we got some Cahunas!!!!!!

ha ha

Truly inspirational comments from you lot.

I agree with Veggybutcher, Chris, Belleraphon (what does this name mean?) and Joanne (neo convert) that this march may not bring the entire MMC process crumbling but it will send a message loud and clear to those pencil-pushing bureaucrats DONT MESS WITH US!!

Last year BAPIO organised a similar march with a dismal turn out - yet, we ALL saw the news coverage it got.

It may be too late to stop MMC, however, PEOPLE, it will stop the next change heading our way and the next.........

After the Part 2 exams, I cant see any reason why we shouldnt attend.

Sit on your butt at your own peril!  Im polishing my boots already!

With regards the poll.

12 of you guys love sitting on the fence, eh?

Your butt must hurt! :o

Well, get off and come for the march!