Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cleopatra

Consultant not around for references

21 posts in this topic

Dear,

I think my cons will be on a/leave during this month. I had put down his name in the references. What can I do now ? Any suggestions ????

You can give his personal email, thats if he doesn't mind giving the reference whilst he is sunbathing in some exotic location :)

Or you can give the sec. email and the sec can then forward the mmc thing to your consultant who in turn can fill the reference and sent it back to the sec. who can then finally send to mtas.    

Change referees maybe? Consultants can be very sluggish about doing references at the best of times...

I don't think my consultant is a kind of person to give his personal e-mail id. The secretary will also be on leave at the same time. How can I change the referee ?

Threaten to tell the consultants wife that the consultant and his secretary are going on leave at the same time!!

MTAS FAQ says there will be a way to do this and that they will post the information in a new FAQ.

I don't think my consultant is a kind of person to give his personal e-mail id. The secretary will also be on leave at the same time.  How can I change the referee ?  

Honestly that is classic! Sometimes i just love this country. Just when your anxieties are pitch high and u need all hands on deck, they decide to all bugger off on leave. Talk about a real spanner in the works. Never mind it is all sent to try us.

Threaten to tell the consultants wife that the consultant and his secretary are going on leave at the same time!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:....i thought that was evil, and then yea..you ll get a good reference alright!!!!!

Honestly that is classic! Sometimes i just love this country. Just when your anxieties are pitch high and u need all hands on deck, they decide to all bugger off on leave. Talk about a real spanner in the works. Never mind it is all sent to try us.

I understand ur frustration, but why should a consultant make plans so that he is here ready to give references when required? The poor stressed out consultant is entitled to take leave when he wants! It is not his fault if the stupid MMC, acts so rigidly, and stick to their deadlines!

totally agree with the last comment.Leave is usually booked months in advance.Who puts 'I need to give references that week so I must be around' ahead of 'my kids will be on half term so we can go away as a family' ?

Changing referees is meant to be one of the things you can do on the MTAS site after submission. Go and look into it and look for a friendly referee.

I don't think my consultant is a kind of person to give his personal e-mail id. The secretary will also be on leave at the same time.  How can I change the referee ?  

MTAS site said that we should be able to change referees and personal details once application is submitted - try email them to ask how to..

Good luck

Hi

This thread has raised my anxiety :

Any one has an idea when the consultants would be asked for referances

my cons is going away from 9th to 19th

jeg

MTAS hasn't published how you go about changing referrees. It does clearly say on the site that this will be possible and that they will post details of how to do it in an up-coming FAQ. Stop worrying, your referrences aren't even going to be seen by the interview panel, so I'm sure there is going to be ample time to get them in before you start the job in August!

Don't panic guys! MTAS says that references should be sent in sooner rather than later, and ideally before the 24th of February. As far as I know, there is no deadline. I guess, as long as they're in before the interviews, they should be OK.

As far as I am aware no consultants have so far been contacted for references.

When you entered your referees, it clearly stated you had to be sure they would be available during Feb to write the reference. You should have given someone else as a referee if you knew your consultant would not be around. If you didn't know your consultant was going on leave... wel then, you've got noone to blame but yourself.

poppy ,

I am not nuts to give my consultant's name for reference if I knew he was going on leave. This is sort of an emergency leave or whatever.

Anyway thanks guys. I ve sorted it out by e mailing to MTAS. I was initially unable to change my referees on the application form. But after I e mailed them, I am now able to change my referee details. Thanks to you poppy and to all of you

my previous consultant doesnot have any e-mail id

what shall i do?