Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doctorwasim

POOR SCORES ON APPLICATION FORM!

17 posts in this topic

Just wondered if anyone out there had any opinion or definite info about this.

It is obviously unprofessional to mention your place of work in most sections of the application form since your local shortlisting panel would be able to recognise this. However, a couple of questions (achievementsover and above - mention date and place, presentations), I believe, warrant this info. I have received rumours that if your workplace is mentioned anywhere in the form, you would score poorly. What say guys?

ridiculous.. why should i hide where i work.. i was not instructed to do so. if that entails low scores then the whole system is stupid.. what can i say!

they want details of one of ur research projects fully- i had to mention my supervisor and university..this must be a rumour.I hope so...

Well surely where you trained is a crucial factor in whether you should be recruited or not.   It's not like we live in a communist state where all training schemes are equal.  Even in a communist state, some training schemes would be more equal than others.  Or so I gathered by reading Animal Farm.

Thanks all...it was just on another forum that somebody mentioned that a short-lister told them this, as it would be deemed to be unprofessional. I agree with all of you that we need not hide where we work. I believe we should have at least a miniscule advantage since we would be use to working in the area and would understand that various patterns of presentation. Also we would gel well with the people we have already worked with. Best of all the trusts would not have to pay removal expenses as much as £8000 to someone from outside the area!

We have been told locally to squeeze in the fact that we are on this certains rotations wherever we can, to help the short listers pick out who is already on the rotations so they can be guaranteed an interview.

Is it poppy?I heard from our deaneary that application which has perosal onfo will not be considered for shortlisting

what a lot of cr*p!

surely if were u worked is relevant to a piece of information you should include it. otherwise it is all abstract blah blah!

Looking at the questions, it would seem that omitting identifiable information such as locations can make your application look bland. It would make more sense to personalise your answers.

Is it poppy?I heard from our deaneary that application which has perosal onfo will not be considered for shortlisting

personal info like height, weight, brand of deo... :lol: :lol: :D

jus kiddin.. cool

One can still be relevant in the answers (on application form) without being specific ;

'.....worked in socio-economically deprived and culturally diverse area...' rather than saying, '....worked in Whitechapel, Tower Hamlets.....', or other so called blackholes

Fair enough

But to give an example from outside psychiatry.

If you are applying for paeds and you did 6 months at great Ormond Street. Would you rather say ' worked in a world renowned centre of excellence based in a european capital'?

stuffing your application with irrevelant info is bad but avoiding any mention of places and names regarless of context is also wrong.

Fair enough

But to give an example from outside psychiatry.

If you are applying for paeds and you did 6 months at great Ormond Street. Would you rather say ' worked in a world renowned centre of excellence based in a european capital'?

stuffing your application with irrevelant info is bad but avoiding any mention of places and names regarless of context is also wrong.

Could do.

I have received rumours that if your workplace is mentioned anywhere in the form, you would score poorly. What say guys?

there is nothing in the score system that confirms what you have heard.