Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elenabakerglenn

Question on eastern deanery applications

10 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone else/ if those already working in the eastern deanery had any more information on their posts- the deanery list still says that the trusts/specialties where the posts are, are to be confirmed. When I tried to speak to them about this, I got the impression that they don't actually know what their final numbers will be!

They were moving offices during the application process and couldn't give any info- are we just expected to decide our future on no information? :-?

Thanks

I think we have to decide on no information. We have to get over ourselves and provide the government/NHS with what it demands. I have been so selfish in the past and now realise I do not deserve to be the master of my own destiny. I apologise for ever trying to influence my life.

I work in the Eastern deanery. I have talked to all the relevant people re: mmc.

The number that you see for the eastern deanery are only what the deanery has proposed but most trust do not have vacancies to employ all those numbers indicated. For instance, I can confirm that for forensic, intead of the 5 indicated vacancies, there is only 1! abd for child, its only 7!!

Incredible, isn't it. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Perplexed I am. 7 for child and adolescence. How can that be when they advertised twice that number.

I think we have to decide on no information. We have to get over ourselves and provide the government/NHS with what it demands. I have been so selfish in the past and now realise I do not deserve to be the master of my own destiny. I apologise for ever trying to influence my life.

Veggybutcher - with the exams coming up and the whole MTAS thing - as well as my compulsive need to check the superego forums every 5 mins - your post really made my day!

This contriteness will probably evolve into a DOP that we'll need to get signed after each future placement - just to reinforce it in our minds!

Thanks. Eastern deanery seem to one of the most chaotic- the psych people try to blame GP organisers when you speak to them- I don't know if they are trying to put us off applying there!

Our lives in their hands :'(

Hi Veggy....thats a post that truely echoes the level of despondency amongst us. you should get your desired level in ST on the basis of that post itself and the level of its reflection of the current bleak situation!

that's the way it has always been.