Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shabaz

Impressed with Scotland MMC/MTAS/SJDC

3 posts in this topic

Though i think that MMC is abominable i cannot help but think that Scotland stands out as the only region where the stakeholders actually discussed issues and looked for solutions.

1) The regional JDC did something and was able to negotiate and allay anxieties about the vastness of Scotland as one UOA.There was a website and campaign led by Dr.Andrew Morris

2) the CMO actually listened to the JDC,and although he didnt agree with there calls for delay they started working together

3) They had there own seperate back up to MTAS,which also gave region specific data

they seem to be at least trying to tweak things to make it bearable for juniorsrted

the other regions are just going full steam ahead without sparing a thought for the numerous doctors whos careers are going to be ruined by their 'modernisation'

HAHAHA!

mmc scotland is not really any better than mmc england. it's better in some ways, worse in others. scotland planned ahead more, which means they lost sho posts earlier so no-one noticed. whether or not the bma campaign had any effect is an interesting debate (as it is in england). i would be interested to see how people think things have been influenced by the various campagns. please post examples here.....

scotland planned ahead more, which means they lost sho posts earlier so no-one noticed.

I take it you mean no-one important noticed? Because certainly when the hospital I worked in made 5 out of 18 psych SHOs redundant, we all noticed.

You do seem quite protective of MMC England j, I don't think you should take it so personally. From your posts it's clear that you think MMC is a great thing, and that's fine. But as I've said before I'm sure that if you were given the opportunity to be in our situation again and have to apply for transition you would be less than happy with it, so please try to understand our point of view too.

I agree with shabaz that the Scottish CMO did say reassuring things at the MMC Roadshows that took place in each of the deaneries in Scotland, and seemed to be trying very hard on behalf of the trainees to work the system as flexibly as possible. They did manage to get us reasonable numbers of posts in each of the deaneries on the whole. How much was pure political waffle, and how much was as a result of the SJDC, I'm not sure. It was nice that someone made the effort for us. I'm not sure whether there was a similar level of input from the CMO in England or not.