Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doctorwasim

SCORING SCHEMES LEAKED

20 posts in this topic

With good confidence people on Doctors.net.uk have discussed that many applicants would have had the scoring schemes and 'positive marking criteria' when submitting their applications. These were either due to errors in mtas or consultant short listers handing over the same to juniors.

WHAT scoring schemes? :lol: This process is a random mess, and there are no such scoring schemes. Besides, on what basis does one 'score' a 150 word story?

The process is a lot less random than you might think, the scoring systems sound quite robust actually. A lot of people have put in very long hours to try and get it as right as possible.

Polonius: What do you read, my lord?

Hamlet: Words, words, words.

I do not know whether the scoring systems leaked or not. But there is definitely one. Our College tutor gave us some idea about this.For example formal teaching would be scored better than informal,peer reviewed publication will be scored better than letters,audit projects which started from your own ideas will be scored better than if you had done some audit topic which was given to you. Answers should have covered all the aspects of questions(Remember 2 or 3 subquestions within the same question).This was shared by her with all the SHO's and it did help.Not sure whether it is good enough for shortlisting though!

Its pretty difficult to score any form of essay.

The only way they can assess somebody will be by having a gp style exam.

i had also heard about the scoring system; and something about the horizontal marking system. with one person marking all the A1s and another marking all the A2 questions.

but with my current visa status i am doubtful whether they would go through in any detail along these 150 words!!!!!!!! ::)

Is that what stands for a scoring system? Common sense? I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

I do not know whether the scoring systems leaked or not. But there is definitely one. Our College tutor gave us some idea about this.For example formal teaching would be scored better than informal,peer reviewed publication will be scored better than letters,audit projects which started from your own ideas will be scored better than if you had done some audit topic which was given to you. Answers should have covered all the aspects of questions(Remember 2 or 3 subquestions within the same question).This was shared by her with all the SHO's and it did help.Not sure whether it is good enough for shortlisting though!

Is that what stands for a scoring system?  Common sense?  I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

sob.. :'( :'( sob...

Yes there is a scoring system, each different for every level

I had seen a copy of the ST1 mark scheme

Most of the things Balmu has said were definitely on that mark scheme.

ANd for those of you that wrote down case conferences at your local hospitals as presentations, will probably be laughed at!

there is a scoring system.

it doesn't match the description above.

Its pretty difficult to score any form of essay.

The only way they can assess somebody will be by having a gp style exam.

not true.

i had also heard about the scoring system; and something about the horizontal marking system. with one person marking all the A1s and another marking all the A2 questions.

horizontal scoring is fairer imo. better if there is more than one marker though. however, that is not something that has to happpen in mmc. so what you heard may well be your local plan rather than what is happening nationally.

Yes there is a scoring system, each different for every level

I had seen a copy of the ST1 mark scheme

Most of the things Balmu has said were definitely on that mark scheme.

ANd for those of you that wrote down case conferences at your local hospitals as presentations, will probably be laughed at!

as someone who has just shortlisted for st1, i'd like to say....

i don't think so that they will consider us with limited leave to remain for short listing

what do u think folk?

I hope there is no negative marking J.

Surely, I knew case conferences were to be laughed at.

Yes there is a scoring system

my clinical tutor informed about the scoring for the clinical audit.

an sensible audit which closed the cycle(re audit) was a granted 2 marks

initial audits were given 1 mark

looks like they are going through all the 150 word stories.

due to the current visa confusion i don't expect anything untill the second round leftovers. >:(

well guys thanks to all u lucky enthused souls...

i cant wait now to get a feel/see of the marking sheet.... can some nice soul enlighten me as to what scoring sheet was used....plsssssssssssssss