Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajaraja

ST 1 2 AND 3 multiple choice voting

23 posts in this topic

The poll looks like everyone's applying for ST3 but I'm sure that reflects the fact that most people won't disover Superego Cafe until part 1 time. At least I hope so, I applied for ST3!

u r absolutely right joanne. People applying for ST1 will be straight out of foundation year, and not many would have any idea about the existence of this website

But am surprised by the low no of ST2 compared to ST3. Looks like some people who applied for ST3 missed a trick, by not going to a lower grade

I think the number pf people with Part 1 are more than the number to appear.

And there must be a huge number that are yet to clear Part 2 leading to the stagnation in ST3.

Yes that's right, although I think that people waiting to clear part 1 will also stagnate at ST2 level. Seems incredibly harsh for people who didn't get it first time round but will have done 2 years SHO jobs by August. Having said that, I'm not looking forward to a year at ST 3 if I get part 2 in March. Looks like the best place to be is ST1!

How come there are so many applicants to ST3? Or are 'users of superegocafe' most likely to be applying to ST3? (Recuitment bias!)

IT IS CERTAINLY MOST COMPETITIVE AT ST3.

LOADS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE PASSED PART-1

PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT PASSED PART-2 THIS TIME.

MANY STAFF GRADES WHO HAVE PASSED PART-1 BEFORE ETC ETC.

I HAVE APPLIED FOR ST3 AND WAS ADVISED NOT TO APPLY FOR ST2 (OVERQUALIFIED AND MAY NOT BE SHORTLISTED ETC ETC)

but guys with the honorable judge handing down the recent decision...where are we, the IMG? no doubt the UK grads should get preference...their country anyway....but we would end up cpmpeting for even lesser seats!

I studied very hard for my part 1. i took it at the earliest opportunity and slogged and passed it at the first attempt, while several of my colleagues did not study and failed.

now it seems that i am paying the price for passing the exam. my colleagues who have failed are quite confident of getting into the st training program as there is much less competition at st2 level and i feel i am being punished for having passed the exam, given the level of competition at st3.

it is shocking that most places have equal number of posts at both st2 and st3 yrs, considering there are at least twice the number of people applying for st 3.

if i dont get into st3, it would be so disheartening.

so much for working hard, it all seems so discouraging. what is the whole point of passing exams then???

I studied very hard for my part 1. i took it at the earliest opportunity and slogged and passed it at the first attempt, while several of my colleagues did not study and failed.

now it seems that i am paying the price for passing the exam. my colleagues who have failed are quite confident of getting into the st training program as there is much less competition at st2 level and i feel i am being punished for having passed the exam, given the level of competition at st3.

it is shocking that most places have equal number of posts at both st2 and st3 yrs, considering there are at least twice the number of people applying for st 3.

if i dont get into st3, it would be so disheartening.

so much for working hard, it all seems so discouraging. what is the whole point of passing exams then???

i thought you will be eligible for st 4 looking mrcpsych title

This is what people are very good at.Pulling each others legs! Doc,Don't worry.Hard work will never go as a waste.I would think passing part 1 in first in your first attempt will put you in a good position in interview.Best of luck.

Unfortunately there's no point searching for logic where there ain't any.  This MMC is government led, and as usual they don't have a clue in hell.  

ST3 is the most competitive stage in terms of number of applicants to places available.

It corresponds roughly to the bottleneck stage in career, where people are held back by the Part 2 exam.

Its shocking to know that MMC did not anticipate a huge competition at ST3.They should have got the numbers right.No forsight at all.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

this is what will happen i think

ive heard it is more competitive in ST2

in one deanery 270 applied

ST1 100

ST 2- 70

ST3-50

ST4-50

where did you hear that?

ST3 is the most competitive stage in terms of number of applicants to places available.

evidence please?

Its shocking to know that MMC did not anticipate a huge competition at ST3.They should have got the numbers right.No forsight at all.

mmc didn't decide the numbers - the rotations did.

evidence please?

In one of the MMC regional meetings, a representative from a certain deanery explained that ST3 would consist of those that just freshly passed Part 1 in Autumn 2006, those who are still ineligible for Part 2, those taking the Part 2 in Spring 2007 and those who have been failing Part 2 several times.

This apparently covers the largest numbers of SHOs on the rotations numerically.

I am sure these results r biased as more users of this forum r at ST3 level than ST1 or 2!