Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
corpuscallosum

how would be the new guidance re HSMP applied?

8 posts in this topic

Any ideas/news/speculations as to how and what stage the new guidance on HSMP (being same as Work Permits and subject to European Labour Law) be applied to the ST selection and training? Will the IMGs be called to the interviews and then given jobs left over from UK grad/EU recruitment? Will IMGS be called to interviews after the ST round is over for UK grad/EU candidates? Why is MTAS quiet on the method of application of the verdict/

I dont see any hurry in knowing about this. When it has to come, it will. The only people,I know, who are very keen and curious to know the answer to this, are those who already have ILR or sufficient leave to remain for their training.

Dont think so SRS.....everybody will be affected...specially who have put London as a choice and interviews are on 13/14/15 march and the Part2 on the 16th.

I heard those with work permit were long listed for the GPVTS mcq test.

If so what's the worry.

ahh but thats typical of GPVTS they wait for you to run around and do the assessments only to send you a diisgusting email saying that your application could not be processed further due to extra investment in homegrown/EU talent :(

i think it will mean that those on hsmp who that doesn't cover the duration of training will not be eligible at the first round.

I found this on another thread.

It might clear up some confusion.

With regards to UK/EEA spouses, the DoH referred me to this:

A 'resident worker' is a person who is a European Economic Area (EEA) national or has settled status in the UK within the meaning of the Immigration Act 1971, as amended by the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999, and the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002.

Apparently the probationary status of the spouse visa is not applicable to the 'resident worker' definition. It would thus seem that those on spouse visa would be considered on par with UK/EEA candidates only if they complete the probationary period and apply for settled status.

I know that candidates in other categories, such as UK Ancestry Visa, are having similar problems. Although the visa would eventually lead to settled status, because they do not have settled status at present, they are being grouped as IMGs (as doctors holding insufficient leave to remain and requiring work permit).

i think it will mean that those on hsmp who that doesn't cover the duration of training will not be eligible at the first round.

j,

MTAS and MMC websites read that DoH is still considering the impact of verdict - did the shortlisting panel receive instructions to the above effect or is the above statement your interpretation of how things stand?