Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajaraja

ST4 candidates

16 posts in this topic

Now that it is past the deadline- time to vote. What did u choose? U can vote for more than one, if u have done so

Hmmm. 105 votes would represent about a third of the total posts available at ST4 level. It amazes me how many trainees use these forums.

It does give a good idea but i was told there were nearly 1000 candidates for 300 posts.

You also have to remember that people may have applied for up to 4 specialties (and as far as I know, they count as 4 different votes).

One day soon we'll find out who gets what.

Good luck

;)

That's surprising- only 14 have voted for Forensic, whereas in the other poll on ST4 Forensic- the total comes up to around 50! :o

It does give a good idea but i was told there were nearly 1000 candidates for 300 posts.

Where did they all come from then? Only 300 or so a year pass the part two, so that would represent over 3 years worth of applicants, which can't be right. Perhaps it is multiplied due to people having more than one choice of specialty/UoA.

anyone applied to scotland deanery?.

they have asked me to fill in contact details again in a different website and have given me another email id.

whats this all about??

Where did they all come from then? Only 300 or so a year pass the part two, so that would represent over 3 years worth of applicants, which can't be right. Perhaps it is multiplied due to people having more than one choice of specialty/UoA.

Not true. Two sittings a year. About 700 passed during the last 12 months.

Also, in the latest edition of the Bulletin, there's an article about why doctors take Staff Grade posts. Apparently many do it for the pay protection and for additional clinical experience. So it seems many people don't go straight for higher training. Maybe the ST scheme has brought many previously contented staff grades out of the woodwork.

schizoaffective: people applied to more than one deanery for forensic hence the discrepency in numbers!

5 forum memebers have applied for psychotherapy! and there r only 9 posts countrywide! don't know how many more wud have been brave enough to have applied for psychotherapy!

5 forum memebers have applied for psychotherapy! and there r only 9 posts countrywide! don't know how many more wud have been brave enough to have applied for psychotherapy!

Not quite sure what you mean? People have a career choice and do what they want to practice in. Clearly we make our choices based on our long term career preferences not just on trying to pay the bills. hmmmm

Not quite sure what you mean? People have a career choice and do what they want to practice in.
I thought with MMC we didn't have to choose anymore. They're doing it for us

Cynical me :-?

You are absolutely spot on oreta. Just back from a teaching session in which MMC was discussed.They discussed there if MMC was the answer what was the question?It is

'How Could One produce Competent(Doesn't mean capable) Doctors, in the minimum possible time, for low cost in the specialities of need(not necessarily what the individual wants),who should work in the geographical areas of need?

That is why they are constantly increasing the GP trainee posts while reducing Cardiothoracic surgery,plastic surgery and the like.

It is clear that MMC doesnt want Doctors who want to train in their specialty of interest. it only has place for those who are prepared to train in speciality of need and work in an area where services are needed.

folder, I think oreta and balmu have said what i would have said as well. It is not a question of career choice anymore- it is a question of where MMC wants doctors to work, rather than what doctors want to do!