Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aviendha

Evidence of competencies

9 posts in this topic

Does anybody know where we can get a list of competencies required ao that I can print it out and get my superviser to sign it? The royal college gives some mumbo jumbo about log books ::) ..but I would prefer the simple approach if possible :D

When we start new jobs our consultants are supposed to sign a list of competencies and say they can confirm that you reach the acceptable level, I was going to have a look at that and see if it'll do.

the competencies are listed in the curriculum on the college website. there is only a separate list for st1 (the pilot portfolio). you will only need that list if you selected that option on the form as the way you intended to demonstrate you had achieved the competencies. if you selected a different option you will need that prepared to take with you to interview.

out of interest why did you choose that option if you hadn't either got that list or looked into how you would get it?

J,

i picked other on the form, so i could get some leeway and produce whatever i could get. i just thought a list seemed the easiest way to go, hence the question.

the competencies are listed in the curriculum on the college website.  out of interest why did you choose that option if you hadn't either got that list or looked into how you would get it?

1. curriculum - J, Do you mean the core and general module-feb 2006? its 151 pages in total

I couldnt find a list of competencies- that would be more useful

2. perhaps that was the 'best' available option.

I am having the same problem. I foolishly assumed such a list would be available. Can't even remember what the other options were now... Will be printing chunks of the curriculum over the weekend...

I believe that there was an option of working as SHO in the U.K[to prove evidence of F2 competency].Am i right?