Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sona

references

8 posts in this topic

I am sorry if this has been discussed before,but looks like my references have not gone through as my consultant went on leave on monday & she will be back next week.

Will it effect shortlisting in any way. Not sure about other reference as i am unable to contact secretary or consultant Another worry on top of so many problems.

Are there other people in same situation.

There are lots of people whose referees have not even been contacted.

There is no way in hell they can penalise individuals who references were not in by the specified date because of consultants on leave, off sick, being inefficient, cannot be bothered, computer illiterarate, references disappearing on the internet and e-mail not working!! MTAS will have a lawsuit so quickly it will make their head spin.

My understanding of having read the Applicants guide is that. References do not matter for short listing or even for the final outcome of the interviews. You should have references by the time you start your job.

If one rationally assesses the time factors involved in this whole stupid process, the reference matter a jot in shortlistings or interview.

I am not able to read references on MTAS but I got an original reference through the post from one consultant. References should not be looket at until a job is offered to my understanding. I suppose it takes time to take references for everybody.