Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doc

Scotland not considering HSMP equal to local grad!

11 posts in this topic

Hi all

I am a part of a psych rotation in scotland(initially promised for 4 years >:( ) and now,one of the several unfortunate ones to have applied for ST training.

All the SHOs in our trust received an email yesterday from our junior doc rep saying that all along scotland had been very suuportive about IMGs on HSMP. Even when Enland and Wales did not want to consider hsmp as equivalent , our dear old scotland deanery supported us.

Alas, things have changed since the verdict!!! :o :'(

We got an e mail from the junior doc rep for the 'entire scotland' and though I donot know the source of his information, the mail very clearly stated that now even scotland is going along the lines of the judgement. They would give EU guys prority over HSMP holders.

Also the mail very clearly stated that it is highly unlikely that there would be insufficient local and EU grads to fill in all the ST posts , meaning the FTSTAs would be handed down to us. It says that the NHS does realise that it cannot function without us, but at the same time does not wish to offer us posts which could lead us to becoming consultants, that readily. So we are most likely to end up with non career grade posts.

Lets see what saturday brings!!! :( :'( :'(

All the best to everyone.

What about if some one has enough leave to complete their training on HSMP?

Like you said, wait until Saturday.

A large number of such stories seem to appear at times like this, never from direct sources in the deaneries always second hand from somebody who know somebody. Time will take it's course anyway, worrying about what will happen will not change it.

Dear Doc

Have the affected IMGs in Scotland paid for BAPIO appeal ?

If not, then can they ? Nobody should start feeling secure even if shortlisted because the ruling can be applied anytime until August. Shortlistings, interviews, job offer wont matter until u actually get in it. Hence it is quite important that BAPIO has sufficient funds to act urgently at any point of time.

I cant agree more. I am tired of people saying they fell insecure and hopeless. Donate money today to have a chance. Nothing comes to anybody without trying. come on friends plz do donate.Atleast then we know we are part of the big fight.

Nothing comes for free! It will be shame if the guys who moan so much but not bothered pay BAPIO. IMAGINE IF THERE WAS NO BAPIO THIS STORY WOULD HAVE LONG FINISHED AND WE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HOPING FOR SATURDAY. YET NOT LATE!!!

I agree with you devil.I think the bapio is done a great job atleast they showed everbody that we won't take anything lying down :)

Nothing comes for free! It will be shame if the guys who moan so much but not bothered pay BAPIO. IMAGINE IF THERE WAS NO BAPIO THIS STORY WOULD HAVE LONG FINISHED AND WE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HOPING FOR SATURDAY. YET NOT LATE!!!

yes i agree with you

Well said Rohit

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Kutta,

Have u really donated?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi snoophy i have indeed donated and i will be donating more. But i do realise it has to be a collective effort and it looks unlikely with people like you around checking whether the people who have donated have really donated or not. I would have been pleased if you have donated and asking our lot do so. Stop talking nonsense and do something useful.I see you are a SPR-good for you but it could be you lot next (ofcourse if u r a non eu).