Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paoktzis

If not shortlisted...

10 posts in this topic

If we are not shortlisted on Monday is there any point in reapplying in the second round in May?

Keep thinking positive.

If you aren't shortlisted consider filing a Freedom of Information request to the deaneries you applied to asking them to give evidence of when you application was marked and ranked. If it wasn't done in time then that could be a reason for not being shortlisted.

It would have to be filed under the Data Protection Act. Freedom of Information Act would only tell you general numbers about those marked and unmarked. For your own personal information, it's through the DPA. They typically charge £10 for the report.

stay positive and keep fingers tightly crossed...after monday we can discuss the other possibilities...don't let any weak thoughts come to your mind today...you can pray if you have any faith on the almighty... :)

What is the DPA

It would have to be filed under the Data Protection Act. Freedom of Information Act would only tell you general numbers about those marked and unmarked. For your own personal information, it's through the DPA. They typically charge £10 for the report.

I think the chances of IMGs securing jobs during the 2nd round are high if the first round doesn't go our way.

It would be silly not to apply again, even if the first round turns out to be unfair. At the end of the day, I'm confident, a lot of IMGs with a few years' experience and decent references will get their jobs again.

There will be those who aren't lucky and the jobless numbers could be slightly higher than usual. I think what we shouldn't forget [ or should remember ] is that medicine is a highly competetive profession and even without these different rulings, it would have still been a tough. I'm sure many here would agree.

Shortlisting has nothing to do with your visa status , and therefore IMG's are not at a disadvantage, so expect the shortlistings to be fair , what happens at the interview is entirely different though,

and there is every possibility that if you don't get an offer after the 1st round, you'll still have very good chances of getting offers in the second round, and that is simply because of the complicated way the whole system is going to work ( or infact not work ).

so don't lose hope , there will definitely be plenty of seats available in the 2nd round