Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vdgm

GOOD NEWS - DOH GUIDANCE GIVEN

29 posts in this topic

:) :) :lol: :lol: :) :)

Great news for some people, but I am sure others find this so unfair.

I think the shortlisting deadline has been extended for this same reason, because DOH had not given guidance to MTAS on this. They can choose and tell us many reasons for the delay but I feel this is the crucial one.

Even playing field now?

Doctors with limited leave to enter/remain in the UK in immigration categories that allow them to work will be considered for short-listing in Round 1 if their leave is current at 1 August.

:-X

will be short listed but not given jobs?

i hope if shortlisted we will be on even field

this statement is very vague. It doesnt mean anything. It guarantees shortlisting not equal consideration with UK/EEA.

What happens to people like me? My leave expires in March but my passport is with home office for extension.It appears that I may not get shortlisted. I am sure there are a lot more people like me because a number of people got their initial Hsmp between march and august last year.

It doesnt guarantees shortlisting, only cosideration for shortlisting :o and i dont think they will give job to IMG how good he/she might be if there is a local candidate available for the post.

If this happens then trusts have to face loads of court cases from local candidates.

Cheers

I think i am allowed to fight now - doesnt matter even if I lose the battle.

Shame - we were fighting to get a right to fight!!!

that means everyone will get shortlisted depending on their application regardless on the visa.

Because what happened, all shortlisting panels did shortlist people without knowing their visa status, only based on those stupid questions, then it was up to MTAS to filter the shortlist depending on the visa status which they now decided not to do.

The good news is everyone who deserve an interview will then get one(apart from the very few unlucky people who doesn't have visa valid on august 1st)

Good Luck everyone

this statement is very vague. It doesnt mean anything. It guarantees shortlisting not equal consideration with UK/EEA.

I fully agree with you.

Well this is a great news...

At least there is a fair deal to begin with...

Lets keep the fingers crossed ..

This is a positive move.

At first IMG's got to apply, now IMG's can expect to be shortlisted.

Next IMG's will be employed.

Great!

'Important information for overseas applicants

Doctors with limited leave to enter/remain in the UK in immigration categories that allow them to work will be considered for short-listing in Round 1 if their leave is current at 1 August.'--MTAS website.

Agree with obsession and joybug, this changes nothing. Overseas graduates with valid leave to remain on 1/08/2007 were always entitled for consideration if there was no UK/EEA graduate employable.

It does not say IMGs are being considered equally with UK/EEA candidates for even shortlisting. I fear this appears to be a rather vague and misleading statement.

I think this is a positive move...

atleast we can hope to be shortlisted...

How we perform at the interview is something different... :)

hi guys , yes this looks ok for the timing , but kick me if i sound pessimestic, it will be easier for the mtas to reject us at the interview than at this initial stage, they don't have to give any reason, we don't have any criteria to fight a case,no discrimination, no hsmp issues, no friction,no further court cases,they will say you just screwed up at the interiew........like i said kick me if i m wrong,,,,,,good luck to all !! ;)

Doctors with limited leave to enter/remain in the UK in immigration categories that allow them to work will be considered for short-listing in Round 1 if their leave is current at 1 August.'--MTAS website.

This is nothing new....we were always allowed to be shortlisted in the first round....if there are no suitable UK/EU applicants!

When were the IMGs ever considered equal ? We had to be considerbly more experienced for the same post and significantly outperform others to get a job over here. At least that has been my experience.

Hence no point in moaning. At least we are being considered for shortlisting. Whether we get into it or not is another matter.

It always better to be optimistic.Its very sad that some of them are so pessimistic about everything.

It always better to be optimistic.Its very sad that some of them are so pessimistic about everything.

agree

cmon. be happy guys this is better than not being shortlisted at all

seems to be a positive move. probably they have realised that it won't be possible to fill all training posts with just UK/EU candidates...

Remember you also ticked FTSTA which is available for one year and it does not have separate interviews.