Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest JG

Shortlisting extended to 26th  Monday 9 AM !

30 posts in this topic

Due to the extension of the deadline for submitting applications, the shortlisting timetable has been amended. In order to ensure that the scoring of all applications is thorough, considered and complete, shortlisting results will be available on MTAS from Monday 26 February at 9:00am, rather than Saturday as anticipated. You will be able to begin booking interviews online from that time.

We understand that this delay is frustrating, and hope that this will not have caused too much inconvenience. However, it is important that all applications be thoroughly considered and this extension allows us to ensure that this is the case.

IMPORTANT: If you are invited to attend an interview which takes place next week (28 February – 2 March), please book your interview time on MTAS by 17.00 (GMT) on Tuesday, 27 February.

If you are invited to attend an interview which takes place after 2 March, you have until Friday, 2 March at 12.00 noon (GMT) to book your interview place online.

You can check the interview schedule for the specialties you have applied for on the MMC website. If you have applied for one of the specialties that is interviewing next week, please make sure you log into MTAS on Monday or Tuesday by 5pm to book a place. You will also need to notify your employer of any interviews you may be invited to, if you have not done so already.

Copy of the email I just recieved ...

Looks like there is no end to this waiting...

just wondering where did you get that information from? not on MTASat least.

MMC want to cover for themselves. They extended deadline for applications and now are extending for shortlisting. They don't want anybody who does not get shortlisted challenging that their application was not given enough time to be looked at. Well, the waiting game is still on.

I booked holiday to morocco and this mtas people ruining my holiday plans.what bad.

So, are the consultants sitting in Saturday and Sunday and shortlisting till monday morning???? :-?

or do they finish off the work friday evening but the MTAS is just lazy to put it all together by Saturday morning???? ;)

i didnot get any such mail

dont know why?

This seriously is nonsense. Shortlisting results on saturday would have worked well, whether we were shortlisted or not. Now its go to work on Monday, and if you are shortlisted, u need to wait till monday evening to celebrate it, or if you arent shortlisted, u spoil ur day at work. Even worse if ur on call!

Not sure if anyone would be sitting on Saturday/Sunday to do any work in the MTAS team. In any case, I dont understand why they could not say this beforehand, not leaving till there are less than 36 hrs left

THIS IS COMPLETE AND UTTER B*LLOCKS

What a farce!!!!

I'd consider myself a pretty strong, resolute kinda guy who doesnt get mega stressed, but this is messing with people's heads. WTF are these guys playing at!!!

(not happy)

I also did not get any email suggesting this either. Not on MTAS website as well. I will treat it as another rumour until proved otherwise.

i have rcd it. are they sending it to only few people or shall we all wait

It must be going to everyone. I got it this evening. Guess it takes time to send out an email to 30,000 people!

Love that the sent address is from no_reply@mtas -----> how very true..........

Don't forget this bit:

IMPORTANT: If you are invited to attend an interview which takes place next week (28 February – 2 March), please book your interview time on MTAS by 17.00 (GMT) on Tuesday, 27 February.

If you are invited to attend an interview which takes place after 2 March, you have until Friday, 2 March at 12.00 noon (GMT) to book your interview place online.

I have a prior appt on the 2nd of March - the part one exam!

Saw somebody in the teritary neuropsychiatric centre following a referral - he stated that he worked for MTAS. The MRI scan showed only two neurones synapsing via herpes virus.

I also did not get any email suggesting this either. Not on MTAS website as well. I will treat it as another rumour until proved otherwise.

i am afraid its not a rumour...

its true...

i recieved the email...

actually i recieved 2... because the scottish NHS sent a separate one saying the same thing :)

maybe I missed something, but people seem to 'know' that 30,000 people applied.

Don't think it can be official as we aren't supposed to be told all that. However one of the consultants 'in know' told me that 60,000 to 90,000 applications were recieved. Doesn't that mean about 20,000 or maybe bit more applied, presuming of course everyone submitted 4 applications (though I can't see why everyone wouldn't).

I got the email too. There is nothing on the mtas website inbox, they don't seem to be using that. Check your email! And if you haven't got it, check mtas have the right email address for you and that it is working!

Sorry, I had missed a page...

While I'm here, another rant. There is MTAS. Then there is MMC England/Wales/Scotland. Then there are deanery websites. I've had emails previously from both MTAS and MMC. There seems to be a lot of duplicated info. If this is a single, unified application system, why can't there be a single point for accessing info? The situiation with Wales and Scotland is annoying too - I know they are separate countries, but if they are part of the same application process, surely they are all part of the same MMC? (And the main MMC website could provide Welsh translations). Either that or have a completely separate application process. Maybe I'm just easily confused...

And why haven't MTAS published their latest info on the website so we can see it while they're emailing us all?

Does anyone else have the same PTSD-style remiscence of College Exams results-waiting?

Let's all pull out our well established coping skills !!!

Down to the Pub, anyone?

::) :-*

At least enjoy the week-endeverybody; forget about MTAS until Monday.