Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richypanther

IMGs were considered equal to UK/EU

9 posts in this topic

the poll results suggest that very many IMGs with visa not covering the duration of training are shortlisted while many UK/EU candidates are not.

So it has been a fair deal, nothing to complain for , at least this time

It has come at a cost of thousands of pounds, a law suit and months of stress. And its still not over.

so nothing to be grateful about and for you to feel vindicated

grow up

Joeybug, I find that you are a bit harsh on your SpR colleague... is it because you are anonymous that you can afford to stop being courteous?

True, bellerephon and SP

Joeybug has said 'nothing to be grateful for'.

If you were a UK grad and hadn't been shortlisted, how would it make you feel?

I think everyone's feelings should be taken into account, (and also, as an SpR, why is he so interested.)

Anyone who is shortlisted should be happy,and spare a thought for many colleagues who have not been so fortunate, whatever their background.

At the end of the day, many decent SHO's will be jobless, and vice versa.

I think it is good that IMG's have been shortlisted (it appears) on a par with UK/EU grads, but no-one should be gloating, we still should be united against this farcical system.

However, it will turn into a haves vs have nots battle where those who are shortlisted will (understandably) become more selfish and not care about others. They have succeeded in divide and rule....again...

PS: I'm London born and raised.

Mr Richy your post again filled with remarks which is not appropriate at the moment :) Frankly speaking you are img spr and will be going through what most of us going through at the moment soon, may be work in the worst catchment area, thats where most of the imgs are dumped into.All the best!  

im not really going to get into petty squabbles..

but dont really agree with the first post..

a fair idea could be from this poll where 8% of EU/UK werent shortlisted as opposed to 39% IMG's who werent shortlisted anywhere

but dont really agree with the first post..

a fair idea could be from this poll where 8% of EU/UK werent shortlisted as opposed to 39% IMG's who werent shortlisted anywhere

Your figures are wrong, you have looked at the calculated percentages on the screen which do not divide between IMG and UK/EU. Correct figure are,

IMG not shortlisted 116/228 approx 50%

UK/EU not shortlisted 23/72 approx 32%

I dont think my response lacked in courtesy given the circumstances

Anyone who has been reading the posts on thise and other forums will know what IMGs have gone through over the past year. UK officials did not agree to treat them ofairly out of the kindness of their hearts but because pressure was applied and the proper legal channels were used.

I feel sorry for local graduates who face unemployment but they should blame their own government for poor workforce planning and unite with their colleagues from abroad to denounce it. It is not too late.

Unfortunately many have adopted the 'as long as I am not affected I dont care'.Maybe it is time for all to reconsider.