Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ramandeepdargan

Convocation

10 posts in this topic

yes they do.. i think you might find the dates and teh schedule for that on the College's website.. i am also assuming that the passed candidates will also get letters notifying them of the convocation...

yes they do.. i think you might find the dates and teh schedule for that on the College's website.. i am also assuming that the passed candidates will also get letters notifying them of the convocation...

Convocation!?? Never heard of it!! Must be this year. Earlier it used to be 'New members' reception' which is a rip off, crap, worthless to go to event. >:(

Convocation!?? Never heard of it!! Must be this year. Earlier it used to be 'New members' reception' [highlight]which is a rip off[/highlight], crap, worthless to go to event. >:(

Do u have to pay for it?

Convocation!?? Never heard of it!! Must be this year. Earlier it used to be 'New members' reception' [highlight]which is a rip off[/highlight], crap, worthless to go to event. >:(

Do u have to pay for it?

Yes for u and ur 2 allowed ( everyone seems to bring more!) £30 odd EACH!!! And the food is crappy, some short eats. Also gota fight for the drinks or they finish and then not even tap water!! And the 'all in it! snap is a fortune to buy with no restrictions on who can be in it (some gy from the strret could walk in for all they care). Botom line dont pay and if you still want to go get ready to rush for the food and drink. But no convocation cause you get ur degree (or whatever ) in the post!! All you get is a piece of scroll saying you came for the ' new members' reception. (And maybe a photo with the dean). >:( >:( >:(

HOWEVER ATTRACTING IT SOUNDS............MY BEST ADVICE WOULD BE TO AVOID IT. THIS COLLEGE SADLY INTENDS TO MAKE MONEY AND THATS ITS SOLE AGENDA. AFTER ROBBING MONEY FROM GENERATIONS OVER THE YEARS THEIR TREASURY IS DWINDLING AND THIS IS JUST ANOTHER NOVEL METHOD OF MAKING MONEY.

GO OUT WITH YOUR FAMILY FOR A DINNER AND ENJOY THE MEAL, CELEBRATING YOUR SUCCESS RATHER THAN THROWING MONEY AT THE COLLEGE. ITS TIME PEOPLE OPEN THEIR EYES TO THIS DAYLIGHT ROBBERY.

SADLY PEOPLE DONT AS WE ALL TEND TO FOLLOW THE NORM!!

There are some positive aspects however:

1. Dress well and look your best

2. Take some great pictures

3. Meet some long lost friends

4. Another trip to London

This thing comes only when you pass. If you don't pass there is no question  of convocation until you do pass some time. With the 36 %, only 36% of people will be able to attend it.

Anyways, the thing I want to say is that that day must be your parents' day. Accompany your parents to that convocation if you can. If they are abroad, do invite them for convocation if feasible. More than 80 % credit should go to the parents no matter how hardworking you are. Of course, theologically speaking, the real credit goes only to God. These are my personal views and people may not necessarily agree to that.

It's a crying shame that our College doesn't put on a good show after the torture they put us through to pass. Other Royal Colleges have massive shindigs - I went to the RCS thing in Edinburgh - it was amazing; bagpipes, wine, great meal, evening dress - it was awesome watching examiners and professors getting embarrassingly leathered.

In my experience, some of our medical colleagues feel that MRCPsych qualification holds less weight than other College memberships - maybe an awesometacular party would go some way to showing that they're sooooo wrong?! It'd make me feel better at least...And replacing the name 'convocation' with something less funereal might be a good idea...